Ultimate Subaru Message Board

It's been a while since I added anything useful to the forums so here goes. I finally got a chance to change my oil with the Fumoto Oil Drain Valve. Wow, no tools needed to drain...just flick the lever to drain and then return it to its locked position when you fill up! Certified as OEM equipment by Subaru and for ~$25, it makes oil change procrastination very hard to do. The part number is F105 for ALL Subaru models. If you want a nipple to attach a hose onto it, the number is F105N, however, I think the nipple would be ripped off or damaged especially with some of you crazy folk here :) Visit the web site for all of the tech stuff, but the short rundown is corrosion resistant forged brass and stainless steel construction. The ball valve design provides a straight flow for efficient drainage and a perfect seal when closed which is very similiar to high pressure valves used with gases, yada yada yada......

Valve.gif

Take care,

Kevin

I have a Fumoto with nipple on a MY00 Outback 5MT wagon. The nipple is above the "skid" plate on the bottom of the car so to rip off the nipple one would be scraping the bottom of the tranny. I like the valve with the nipple because it lets me put a hose on and drain the oil straight in to gallon jugs for recycling.

I loosen the filter and then grab it with a gallon ziplock plastic bag. Makes for oil changes with no drips at all!

The Fumoto valve feels very solid and well made.

I have a fumoto drain on my cargo van...can't remember if it was installed with a washer or not....you guys running the fumoto on your subes does it install with the drain washer or not...I really like them especially on my diesel van...tks bd