Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Anti Theft ?

Do you guys have a simple anti theft idea for our cars.. When I was in H.S. I recall my friends father put a switch in a hidden location under the dash that disabled the car from starting.. Im assuming it had somethin to do with a starter soleniod. Any ideas...

Or any easy ideas somethin easy to pull under the hood when Im out without tools that could be put back in a second... Joe Maybe unplu some kind of relay and take it with me or unhook a wire that is not easy to find or see..

Joe

due to old wiring I had to put in a starter switch. However I didnt put it anywhere easy to see (little cubby on the left hand side of the steering wheel). So when I go to start You still have to use the key to turn the power on and unlock that touchy steery wheel lock, then you press the button. I have to go start the car every time I have anyone try to start it at tire places etc..

Not the best anti theft, btu its something.

I have been thinking of some hardwired switch prior to the key ign system wireloom, but hidden so you could kill the car and no one could hotwire it or see what is missing.

Alex