Ultimate Subaru Message Board

92 loyale oil leak

ok i got a 92 loyale 4 or 5 month back and parked it till i had time to do the timeing belts. its at 57k. "i dont trust the belts they are all the original belts and cracking badly" i also wanted to fix the small oil leaks.

the 1st one is the drain plug leaking. thats the easy one to fix.

the 2nd leak is at the bottom of the timeing belt cover on the drivers side.

so far i got most of the timeing cover off and can see its not leaking from the cam seals so its mostlikly the oil pump or the crank seal "the timeing belts are dry no oil on them".

from what i can tell its been leaking for a long time buy the amount of old oil on the underside of the the car its a realy slow leak it dont even leave oil on drive way but it blows back on pipes and lightly smoaks some when driveing. also i see one drop of oil on the driver side of the head "it may be blowing back from timeing cover or the valve cover leaking its to hard to tell"

well my main ? is what do i ask for when i go get the parts? i already stoped by auto parts store and they said they dont have any gaskets or seals for the oil pump. im not shur the guy knew what he was looking for he was brand new at the job.

so far i know i need both Timeing belts and the other 2 drive belts.

but im at a loss of what i need for the oil pump?

as for the crankshaft seal ill take a look at it when i get the rest of the cover off but i dont think it is leaking or oil would be on the T-belts.

can you guys think of anything else i need to replace and what i need for the oil pump?

this is my 2nd subaru and its in way to good of condition not to fix every littel thing one small dent and one back window dont seat in the gasket good when closed and the oil leaks is all i can find wrong with the car, no rust at all.

my last one was a junker 87 wagon with 160k on it when i sold it. i could not kill even when i drove it for 6 months with no radator. and i beat the hell out of it. the day i sold it i started looking for a new one to replace it.

the only reason i got rid of it was i wanted 4x4 wagon it tock me 2 years to find this one subaru's dont sell realy well around here in moncs corner S.C

i have seen 4 for sell in 2 years and they were junk or were not 4 wheel drive.

any help at all is great