Ultimate Subaru Message Board

POLL: should I get custom plates

but he has at least some go.......when its running.

j/k I think its a good idea, I plan on doing it when I get the Rotary RX running. not sure yet but something to tell car guys thats its a rotary (besides the exhaust anyways)

I've always thought those custom plates are yuppie sh*t.

However, I've toyed around with the idea of getting a set for Alleywagon '04. Something like:

"ALLEY 04"

Nawww...that's yuppie sh*t!! Not appropriate for a Sube!!

I think I'll put my signature on the car instead. Winshield, door, tailgate, mirrors - someplace cool...

John

Guest Vickaroo

Yuppie????????? :lol: Well then I guess you could say I are one!!!! I have plates on my Rig.... And everyone knows and remembers DRTYGRL!!!! Heck the guys at the car wash will ask Tim "when are you going to bring DRTYGRL in?"

I say go for it.... Vicky

Guest Vickaroo

Hmmmm John.... Isnt a (chick) a yellow fluffy thing that goes peep peep???? And trust me my Rig gets really dirty!!!!! Took it off roading this weekend.... Vicky

Abso-frickin'-lutely! Vanity plates rock, so long as they aren't just confusing! As an example, a friend of mine calls his car the "SubaRocket". He wanted to get vanity plates for his car, but unfortunately, "SUBARKT" just doesn't look like anything that the average person would get "SubaRocket" out of. OTOH, my father has a set "MFS10SE"...Memphis, Tennessee....

Get one only if it makes sense and doesn't look like a regular plate.

I've always thought those custom plates are yuppie sh*t.

However, I've toyed around with the idea of getting a set for Alleywagon '04. Something like:

"ALLEY 04"

Nawww...that's yuppie sh*t!! Not appropriate for a Sube!!

I think I'll put my signature on the car instead. Winshield, door, tailgate, mirrors - someplace cool...

John

My plates are customized, I'm proud to sport what they say. http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=1491

Call me a yuppie to my face, and we're gonna be fighting.

Lexus RX's, Mercedes C class & any BMW are for yuppies. Vanity plates are for people who show pride in their vehicle, or something they believe strongly in. I also think it should be something simple and easy to read. RX WAGN would work nice, and get the point across.

TheAlleyBoy, did you hear the one about the guy who couldnt afford personal plates... so he changed his name to AMR649 :lol:

-Brian