Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Full size spare for '05 Outback

Yet another question: I am considering buying a fifth wheel & tire to use as a spare when I buy my new car. The question is, will it actually fit in the compartment that the "donut" spare is in? It looks kinda tight to me. Has anyone tried this?

Thanks,

Charles

I don't know about your Outback, but a full-size spare fits in my 2000 Legacy. I couldn't use the foam tool tray that used to sit above the mini donut, but there's lots of room for jumper cables & other random stuff inside the rim.

I don't know about your Outback, but a full-size spare fits in my 2000 Legacy. I couldn't use the foam tool tray that used to sit above the mini donut, but there's lots of room for jumper cables & other random stuff inside the rim.

I have 2000 legacy and thought of doing this too, I just bought new tires. However, the tires are directional. I dont see a way to include the directional spare in rotation program to ensure equal wear. Am I wrong?

I've got a nother question for you friendly, what are you going to be about keeping it the same direction of the tire that you need to replace?
If the wear is so significant, many dealers can "shave" a tire, which is also done to true them up or decrease tread depth for better handling.