Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Spark Plugs

i have never had goodluck with platinum, in high copression, or turbo cars, so id say forget about those.

my fav is ngk, or nippon denso, u groovs.

indexing is cool, but i doubt you would ever feel the performance gains, might just help with pre ignition, when you get closer to the ping threshold =].

also, if your runin high boost, or like playing with such things, you could find a colder plug for the turbo, might help, but again, its hard to feel performance increases like those.

NGK's are excellent plugs, though i'm not familiar with turbo motors. for the non-turbo's, there's no added value in using anything other than NGK's. best bet it to change them frequently...frequent is relative - i drive 40,000 miles a year. with lots of mods and playing with the turbo, going with a different temperature might be advisable, but only with major mods.

on a side note i have had very good results with torquemaster plugs, check out their website. mostly due to the high mileage i drive each year. they are expensive, 12.50 a piece last time i purchased a set, and will last the life of the car. i like to run those with magnecor spark plug wires and never think about them again.