Ultimate Subaru Message Board

saaad sight at a junk yard today

Well i went to a PAP to gather up some stuff and i found a few poor sights. well i started out, and saw three wagons in a row, three ~ 88 gls, one was rolled, definately went out with a bang, it had a 5 speed DR tranny, and also a 82 gl. I also saw a blue ~ 80 wagon stacked on top of a few other cars behind a fence. Then i saw a black 82 gl coupe, AT, but NICE condition, 126 000 miles. then a 89 turbo wagon good condition. then after i was all done i was walking towards the entrance, when i thought id check out the truck sections. i noticed some very familiar lights, walked towards them, and noticed another light, :) then i realized it was a 82 Gl brat. T-tops, 4wd, cyclops eye, i believe DR, in nice condition. it had about 200,000 miles on it. the only bad thing i saw on it was rust coming through on the rear inside fenderwell, other than that, nothing. i just felt soo nautious. what i thought was reallly cool was the step side, foot hold thing on the rear bed. i never knew brats had those. anyway, just thought id share.

Tyler J.

i really actually dont need anything off of them.

also there was two sets of white wagon wheels and one set of black ones i believe.

I felt bad seeing them all there but i didnt want to shell out any money on parts i dont need. the cars in the yard that i couldve used were in rough condition. definately useable but i wouldve felt dumb taking a tranny or engine out of em.

The coupe i thought was a beautiful car, only 2wd and AT, but still i rarely see any of those.

As for the brat, i sorry but i forgot the interior color of it. unfortunately, they have the t tops and the windows in the front office. so its getting rained and pooped on, then of course sunbaked.

I did however, grab a light switch, the top half of a carter carb, the third eye/grill, two skid pans for a little project of mine, and a rubber bushing i really needed.

im going to sell my 82 wagon, then ill try and deal with them on the brat. Cant wait too long though. but then again i also know of two other 78-79 brats that look like i could use. :brow:

I will be going back though, so those cars will live on!

Tyler J.