Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Newbie from North Dakota!

Hey there, name is NorthWolf. I live in Grand Forks but am originally from Denver, Colorado. I am 18 years old, female, and a college student majoring in Communication.

I LOVE my Subie! She (yes, a she) is a 97 Outback. Actually she was a special-ordered custom vehicle with the Limited engine and some Limited parts (stereo, etc) and the regular Outback upholstery and interior fittings. The lady who ordered her didn't like her (wtf?) but oh well, her loss is my gain!

My mother drove her for several years and now has an Eddie B. Explorer, and I inherited her car, so now she's mine. Looks a LOT better than most student cars I see on campus. She is a great red color with gold trim. My mother was very anal about being a gentle driver and having the car taken in for maintenance, etc....so she is in GREAT shape even though she has put more than 130,000 miles under her wheels.

No modifications on her, because I simply have no real use for them. The car is old and I don't want to stress her out too much with trying to race or offroad (like there is any serious offroading to be done in ND anyway *eyeroll*). However I would like to get a bra for her, to cover up a scrape on the fender in front of her front left tire. If anyone can recommend a place to get a bra for a 97 Legacy, please let me know! I am willing to buy used.

I am going to get seat covers for her too (tasteful black sheepskin, most likely) because I need the extra padding.

Here are a couple pictures of her (I have yet to get some of 'us') but look what I parked under ;) I am a naughty one!!!

http://www.cyoc.net/albums/northwolf/cleancar1.jpg

http://www.cyoc.net/albums/northwolf/cleancar2.jpg

Nice to meet you all!!!