Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Would you use ACL composite hg's on a ea82?

Has anyone used ACL hg's on a ea82 NA motor? I found a complete set of "ACL" overhaul gaskets for 38 bucks. They come with composite head gaskets. I have an ea82 non turbo with blow hg and was curious if these felpros would be acceptable for the non-turbo ea82 motors??

Heres what their ad says

"full set of gaskets less valve seals/rear seal. You get a boxed Engine rebuilder set, with brand new composite head gasket(s). Includes valve cover gskts, oil pan gaskets, exhaust manifold, intake mfld., timing cover gaskets, head gasket(s), and lots of little misc. gaskets. NOTE - this kit includes the valve seals, too."

what do ya think? Its for a car that I want to replace a blown hg on and the sell. I dont want to sell someting that is only going to last a week but I dont want to put a lot of money into it either??

As always....thanks!!

Not sure about ACL but these guys are good and cheap for getting OE

quality (at least made in japan) and possibily OE parts from:

http://www.autopartsplace.com

Haven't used them for Subaru parts yet, but for other imports I have and have gotten excellent service, products and really good prices from them. All of the parts I have got from them were OE Japan gaskets, and parts. Worth a look but prob a bit more expensive.