Ultimate Subaru Message Board

4x4 Day/ camp trip To central Oregon...................

Guest mudrat79

Guest mudrat79

Hello to anyone checking this post out. The Oregon Off-Road Subaru club is goint to have a day/camp trip happening the weekend of March 17th-19th We will be leaving Eugene-Springfield early saturday morning, and a few will come back the same day . Others will stay the nite over in Central Oregon. this is going to be a scouting excursion over into the North-eastern part Of our Wonderful State. We will be checking out an area over near and around the Wallowa Lakes Wilderness. If anyone is interested in joining us please e-mail me at mudrat79@hotmail.com Thanks, John in Eugene.

Hello. Man, that sounds like fun. I'd like some more info if it is available. I live in Boise (SW Idaho) and would like to hook up for some dirt. A little more info on location and contacts would be appreciated. How far north in Oregon is Wallowa? RH

Guest mudrat79

Hello,from Eugene. The Wallowa Lake/mountains area is more over near you. If you do a search for Oregon State Parks , you can get a map of its location on-line.It is over in the North eastern part of the State. We should be leaving out of Eugene early Saturday morning,And get over there in the afternoon . Check it out online, and get back with me if you think its something you want to do....... John in Eugene. P.S. Check my website out.... <A HREF=http://www.geocities.com/baja/ravine/9799 >http://www.geocities.com/baja/ravine/9799 </A> it is very graphic intensive, so go do something for a few minutes or be patient.....its worth the wait......:-)

Guest mudrat79

Well after looking at my state map I realized that Wallowa lake is a bit far east to be ging for just an overniter. We are still going to do a run,But it willbe over just into Central Oregon.Around the Bend-LApine area. There Are some Ice caves to check out if we can wheel into them....Snow may be our enemy....:-) Also lots of power-line trails,and dirt roads to play on. Some of us will be staying over nite at Lapine State Park....lots of space,and a couple yurts if you like..... Let me know here or e-mail if you are interested in going. John in Eugene,Oregon.

Guest Adam N.D.J.

Figures, I leave and things start hopping in Oregon. Oh well, least I'll be back in Early June, so I'll still have a bit of the summer to drive around and check out some of the stuff, maybe I'll even start working on something for Southern Oregon for when I get back. Hey, and Geoff, if ya read this, try topostpone the big rally this year till about July, please please please. I need a little time after I get back to install the new (read as in BRAND spanking new),. new tranny, and lift kit, before the rally. I definatly have to go this year. Gotta se what all you crazy people that worship Subaru's look like. (Why you looking at me like that.) Welp, catch ya all laters.

Hey John, I'm bummed the 4x4ing won't be in the Wallowa area (....of course it is closer to me...). I took out my PacNorthwest tourbook and atlas and did some research. There's quite a lot of cool stuff to look at and to drive around. Looked at your website and JEEZ you guys don't fool around. I might need a more "thrashable" subaru than my 86 wagon to go driving with you. Anyhow, I'll check out the Bend area and get back to you. Ross

Guest mudrat79

I know, sorry it couldn't be closer to you....Summer hopefully.....I want to check that area out,and want to enjoy the time there,not having to rush everywhere.... We will be doing mellow 4x4ing this trip. A few new folks that may or may not have much experience 4x4ing in the real stuff...So we will go easy...:-) Get back with me if you think you make it.....I checked into the yurts at Lapine State Park,and all 3 yurts and 5 cabins are available for that weekend.Plus there are many camper sites too.....I am reserving one now for oner nite on the 18th....It is my birthday,and I have tried to make it an anual thing to camp out each year when possible..... And if you have little ones,by all means bring them.....I will have my to be 5 yr old son, and Girlfriend and her 5 yr old daughter along.....Don't think I had said that anywhere yet......;-) Our club is family oriented, so kids are along on most trips...... Get back to me, John in Oregon.

Guest Mmcateer

Hiya- RossH is my little bro (okay, I think he's 28, but damn, old habits die hard), and he clued me in to this board and to your 4x4 trip. So... somehow it became my responsibility to look into the yurt vs. cabin stuff. Any idea which one would be cheaper? :) Gotta have money for food, you know. I like food. How do I go about reserving one of those things? Can you give me a phone # or something? Also- are hairy, 4-legged kids (well ok, they're dogs) allowed? Just wonderin'... Any info would be really appreciated, particularly since Ross told me about the trip and then somehow I got put in charge of making it happen... :P

Guest mudrat79

Hello, Idaho . Don't know what happened to my last post, but here goes again. You can reserve a yurt over the phone at 1-800-452-5687 IF you wish when you first dial the number the recording gives you the Oregon State Parks website address. We will be staying the nite at Lapine State Park.If you want to reserve a yurt,let the operator know when you get one on at the number I gave. Yurt runs $ 34.00 Cabin runs about $ 42.00 per nite. Both will sleep up to 8. Sorry,No animals inside....They are allowed outside...:-) Get back to me,John in Eugene.

Guest mudrat79

Just another attemp to keep this post on page 1...... Hope more area folks get interested..... John in Oregon... remember, SEE MUD,MUST PLAY..........:-)~

Hey there Qman here, I'm seriously toying with the idea. I'd like to have my Hatchback done before. But I'm trying to convince my Bro-in-law that we should go at least for the day and bring two of our boys along.If we decide I'll let you know and maybe I'll get a convoy goin' thata way also!

Guest mudrat79

That would be awesome QMAN......The more the merrier. The reason some are camping out, is so we aren't racing around all day saturday, we can explore some more sunday morning before heading back to our perspective homes...:-) Hope you decide to try it ...... I'd like to make this an anual thing, but shoot for Spring break week for all the kids. Mine is going to be starting school this fall, so I have to keep that in mind.....Yuck....Why do they grow so fast.....:-) Get back to me, John in Oregon..... remember, SEE MUD, MUST PLAY.....:-)~

Guest mudrat79

The time is getting nearer, I am going over in the morning to do some scouting for our camp trip, I want to make sure some good wheeling roads are open......Keep me posted if you want to join....

John in Oregon.

Just getting it up top again.

Hey John, I'm trying to get a parade together for that weekend to come down there. Can you send me a schedule of events with times of departure and such.Thanks Ken