Ultimate Subaru Message Board

went for a ride in a '05 leg

So one of my good friends just bought a brand new '05 Legacy GT limited with all the options. heated seats, sliding roof, spoiler, dual exhaust, 250hp 2.5L turbo motor, ect.

it makes me go... "oh, I wish my legacy was this nice."

It plants you in the seat very well. He's a honda-boy converted. It's a big thing to go from a stock hatchback to a '05 legacy. :)

anyhow, for those who are wondering, I think they are well worth the money. in comparison to other vehicle makes and models, my friend compared the top of the line legacy next to bmws. if you wanted one with similar features, it would be $6,000 more. I work at a dealership that carries vw, and looking at them, with all the features he got, you'd be paying about $4,000 more for a passat with similar features. (and less hp, less gas mileage) he pays about $371 a month. had no down payment at all. 72 month loan. the new legacys, his as an example, weighs 3100lbs dry curb weight. less than my '95!

on another note, a coworker bought an '04 EVO VIII at invoice for $28,000. I don't remember what MSRP is on the '04 EVO 8, but, comparing MSRP of the two vehicles, I'd still much rather have the sube even if the evo was much cheaper.