Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Anyone seen these wheels before? Not on wheels page...

Anyone who wants them (they've got old steel-stud snow tires on them, good tread, not sure about the studs in them tho...), make me an offer. I don't want to ship them tho - too much trouble. I think they are all in the shape you see there - since they were only for snow tires, don't think they got much use. They look nice. I might put em on my BRAT, so better make an off quick..... hehe

GD

Sure - you can have em for $80 - sounds good to me. WOW - that was the quickest sale in history - I just picked em up this morning cause my friend sold his 85 wagon (had 330k on it - was getting "tired" he said), so I was at his place, and he was gonna take em to the dump!! So - maybe someone on the board is going your way? Or come get em if you like....

GD

Well - I suppose if you want them that bad, I could ship them. I'll have to check out prices, and get back to you on that. The tires are studded snow tires. Probably not legal this time of year.... I think they are good tho - probably have like 75% tread left. Not rotten or anything - they were in his shed - nice and dry, on a plywood floor - and wrapped in the les-shwab tire bags. Would probably be a LOT cheaper to de-mount the tires, and only ship the rims. Lot of wieght in all that rubber. Oh - the tires are a bit small too - 155's. Might be good for a road vehicle tho.

GD

yeeeks. Might be second thinking the whole thing. I need tires more than rims. Although ive had my heart set on that type of rim, i have a set of alloys on the brat right now that i would hate to remove.

And... if the tires are 155... hrm, wow...

Can you get more pix of the rims with tires? Maybe a pic from top, side, as many angles as you can muster up.

i might have jumped too soon :)

Studs dont bother me. ive destudded a set of tires with a leatherman and 8 hours of my spare time when i lived in alaska.

-Brian

Well - upon closer inspection (I wasn't really looking before, since I thought you wanted the rims...) the tires only have about 25% tread, and they are already missing most of their studs. I don't look at tires too often, and when I looked at my new 175, I relized just how deep the tread on a new tire is :eek: So if you in the market for tires - these wouldn't be worth shipping. Here's pics for you tho:

The main difference seems to be the width....

tires1.jpg

tires2.jpg

GD

Yeah, the 155 is the width of the tire in MM.

If you have, say for example, 155/70R13 the width of the tread pattern is 155mm, the hight from rim to the edge of the tire is 70% of 155mm and of course, R13 is the rim size.

So, you can have 175 and 155 series tires of the same hieght, just depending on the percentage.

Im in dire need of tires. I think im going to put that as priority 1 for my brat. Then the engine, then i suppose I can worry about rally tires.

Sorry to lead you on. Those tires look like they were nice when they were new, and those rims... damn those are some pretty rims.

*sigh*

-Brian

Uh, I'm working on that. The P'ton place is in the middle of a bidding war, so I'm not sure where I'll land after I'm out. I'm shooting for another place in Tahoe, but I can get a bigger place off the hill in the Carson Valley. Actually, I think it works out to be about the same time and distance from you as Pleasanton.