Ultimate Subaru Message Board

put sub in the trunk....

hi

does anyone have sub in the trunk?

i want to put one with amp. but i want to put it the way that no-one can see it, mabe to put on it wood or a rag or i dont know what.

what is better:

one big sub,lets say 15" , or 2 small once, 8" each?

can someone put pics of trunk sub build of subaru leone...some nice pics that will give me some iedea's....

thank you all.

moshe.

hi

if i'll put speakers like this in my car....after one week....there won't be a car any more....

for now i put in the front doors - component 6.5" , the tweeters i hide on the sides of the things for the sun....i forgot how to call it, also on the rear doors, component 6.5" , the tweeters i put in the trash can between the seats, i took out the small trash can (the one that open and close), took it out and made 2 holes and put the tweeters in it, behind the seats i put 6\9".

all the speakers are MAGNAT , i hide them all, you cant see a thing.....

now in the trunk i put an amplifire for the sub, i want to put a sub in the trunk but i need to make something that no one will see it....mabe a small sub...???

the head unit it's pioneer mp3.

the most importent thing for me is that no one will see something that it's not normal because people here will brake all the car for some audio comp.

so...if someone have an idea how to put a sub in the trunk, but one that it wont be seen....i will like to see some pics or links...

thank you all.

on a wagon you can mount the amp in the floor box in back. lift up the carpet and there is the smuggler's box! also on a wagon you may be able to fit an amp under the bottom of the back seat

on my car i have the amp on the ceiling, mounted with screws to some modifications under the headliner, and with that, i have a pair of 8's under the seat with a foam enclosure that seals up against the carpet

if anything you mount will be visible, be sure to have it mounted securely to foil any would be thief's tools or time. if you park in a high risk area you are almost better off with a door unlocked, cause if they were gonna steal it anyway, at least you wont have a broken window

if you have a wagon you can mount everything under the rear cargo cover if you have one. i have a 3-door, and i made a cover out of a suzuki tracker piece modified to fit the car

in a sedan you can mount the box close to the back seats, way up under

here is what my system looked like before i sold it, it rocked

put the amps on the back of the seat even if its not a wagon it will stillwork. just use a nice pair of 2 or 3 way comp. speakers, put them in the door in place of the stock ones, with the stock grills on them. (that way no one can see them).

and never play music loud near your stoping point, cuse even if you cant see it, if people hear it and know where you live, by-by stereo.

amps_thm.jpg

subs_thm.jpg