Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I got the head gaskets replaced on my 99 Legacy GT at a Subaru dealership and 2 weeks later the camshaft seized. They tell me the seizure was caused by an oil blockage not related to the head gasket replacement. I find this hard to believe. Is it possible a piece of the old gasket clogged the oil passage? And if so is there any way to prove this?

Is it possible a piece of the old gasket clogged the oil passage? And if so is there any way to prove this?

Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes!!

Also, if they used any sealer, like silicon, anywhere in the process it could have come off and caused a blockage. I recently resealed my oil pump and a tiny little bit if the silicon broke off and blocked the oil passage to a hydraulic lifter. This caused the lifter to deflate and cause lots of noise. Took me two tries before I found the piece and got it cleared up. 2 weeks seems like a long time before the issue would come up, but there are lots of things that could effect that.

Keith