Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Modding an 05 Legacy GT to STI

<<I thought Legacy GT & STI were both based on same engine & was hoping that cranking up the boost + an intercooler might do it?>>

well, they are both 2.5's the setup is basicly the same, just some different internals. the Leg GT has an intercooler already, as does the turbo forester.

The legacy has already been tuned to 300 horse, as has the forrester which is in the same boat in terms of tunability and base engine. My N/A RS was turbod to over 300Hp and ran perfectly when I sold it at 150k miles. My STI is currently putting out right at 450Hp and 500Flb of tourqe and is a 100 mile a day commuter as well. Cobb has just what you want out for a reasonable price. I think their stage II is either shipping or just about to. It outputs just a bit more than an STI and that makes up for the extra legacy weight making you roughly even. Of course you still won't have the tranny which makes more difference in putting down the power than you can imagine. But, a 300Hp legacy won't be a distant compeditor to an STI, but expect that it will still be a different car.

http://cobbtuning.com/legacy/power-s.html#stage2

ap-lgt-stage2.gif