Ultimate Subaru Message Board

New to the group

I am new to the group.

I have had my subaru for about a year now and it is a 1992 Loyale and i am enjoying it alot.

Just reacently though i have had an issue with the rear passengers side tire and it has chewed up two outter seals and then just destroyed my bearing the last time to find out that the cause as far as i can tell is that it was the fault of my brake drum.

It has 4WD and the axle ground out the middle of the drum and also distroyed the center piece.

but parts are not cheap at least not the drums

welcome to the board.

so you have it fixed now? is not, my suggestion is get rid of the drum brakes. find a turbo wagon in a JY and get the rear disc brakes off of them. take eveything off down to the control arm. should be caliper, pads, rotor, rock shield and brake line. they are WAYYYYY easier to deal with then those damn drum brakes. prolly pay 30 bucks for em

and for the rear control arm thats messed up, same thing, but get it for a non turbo wagon. comes off in two bolts, an axle pin and a 17mm strut bolt.

you can swap out the trailing arm with that of an ea81 or ea82. of ypour ride is an ea81, you can use ea81 by making the hole bigger on the frame and using the larger bolt. i had a wheel bearing go, and it tore out the center of the bearing hubs.

if you want to ditch the drum brakes you can swap on disc brakes, or the whole trailing arm/brake assembly from a turbo ea82