Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What kind of grease is used in cv joints? Just an all purpose waterproof grease? I still get a clicking sound from my right front. And it seems to only be when it's cold. Could the grease in the cv boot be reactin to the colder weather and not doing it's job as well?

Once the weather warms and the snow melts I'll pull the wheel off to affirm it's not a stuck caliper. And I'm pretty sure it's not a bearing issue. But whatever it is it's bugging me.

What kind of grease is used in cv joints? Just an all purpose waterproof grease? I still get a clicking sound from my right front. And it seems to only be when it's cold. Could the grease in the cv boot be reactin to the colder weather and not doing it's job as well?

Once the weather warms and the snow melts I'll pull the wheel off to affirm it's not a stuck caliper. And I'm pretty sure it's not a bearing issue. But whatever it is it's bugging me.

The grease in CV joints is usually a MoS2 based grease. Its usually not all that waterproof because if a boot gets torn the grease will be washed out on wet roads and lead to rapid failure of the joint. In Australia the replacement boot is supplied with a packet of the grease. If its still clicking and the boot is intact and the joint is packed with grease I suspect your CV is not worn worn out and the clicking may be coming form elsewhere. Good Luck