Ultimate Subaru Message Board

EA81 lift Kit Instructions

Bro

I have just got a wagon MY83 with a 2" lift kit I need to remove. But I need to know where each piece is located. I can't seem to find detailed instructions showing which part is where !!!

If anyone has detailed instruction sheet it will save me alot of headache.

:)

Look for lift blocks, and remove them. There are 2 lift blocks at the engine crossmember. Then you have 6 blocks behind the crossmember, 3 on each side (look at the rear of your lower control arms). You should have 6 blocks in the rear of the car as well. 2 blocks on each side of the torsion bar assembly, and 2 blocks for the diff hanger as well. There are also one block on the top of each front strut, and if you have an original BYB lift, then look for rear shock extensions. if its a Scorpion lift, you might have the rear shock extensions at the top of the rear shocks.

Prepare to have the original bolts handy.... the lift bolts will surely be too long to use on a stock rig.

-Brian

I'm removing the lift off a donor wagon to fit to mine.

archemitis : what do you mean not legal ?

TheSubaruJunkie : thanks, from what I can see it's a Scorpion Lift Kit.

I just wanted to remove it and not redo the donor to standard. The donor will be going to the dump.

Does anyone have the fitting instructions for the Scorpion Kit ?

thanks

Scorpion is slightly different than PK/BYB lifts. Just remove the lift blocks, you cannot mistake them.

Also, dont forget to remove the steering extension as well, it connects from the steering gearbox to the steering shaft.

nobody on the USMB will have scorpion lift kit instructions cause we all have PK/BYB Lifts. The BYB board might have members with a Scorpion lift, but as far as I know, not a single Scorpion 2" lift has ever been imported from Aus to the US.

-Brian

I'm removing the lift off a donor wagon to fit to mine.

archemitis : what do you mean not legal ?

thanks

i know you guys have alot more regulations than us over here. we can lift as high as we want, as ghetto as we want, as long as our bumpers sit low enough to be legal =]