Ultimate Subaru Message Board

LIfting a newer subaru (Outbacks/foresters/impreza/legacy)

BattleAxeT6

I keep throwing the idea around of buying an older hatchback or wagon, and puting a lift on it. But I've also been thinking about maybe getting somthing newer, with more of the Luxury type options, and giving it a pretty nice lift(atleast 4+ inches). If anyone has done this before, and knows around how much everything would cost, and possibly how much of a headache it would be, I'd really appreciate the info. Also if any pictures of completed projects are availabe, I'd appreciate one of them too. THanx alot. :banana:

These guys do a nice job.

http://www.users.bigpond.com/subaxtreme/index.htm

I'd love to have one of these

Before I'd go lifting a newer Sub, I'd see how well it climbs first.

I looked at lifting my Forester but found out with the single range tranny it won't climb well enough to justify the $$$$.

The Auzzies have D/R trannys in their Foresters:boohoo:

I put on EBay fender flares and it now looks lifted!:burnout:

For what it's worth,

Glenn

82 Hatch, transforming... :temper:

01 Forester, ain't gonna get lifted:(

I just had my 98 forester lifted 2" by mudrat79 a few weeks ago. The advantage to his lift is that it allows room for taller tires. Where if you go with the scorpian lifts you don't get any more clearence for tires. So far the lift has worked out great. I'm looking into putting on 29" tires as well. That should give it another inch. I am however concerned about losing climbing power when I do it. With the high range tranny I have now. It already climbs poorly. I really need a low-range. Mudrat79 is trying to talk me into lifting it another 6 inches and putting a lowrange in from a Nissan. But I really don't want to lose the onroad handling. I would rather put in an aussie dualrange. But I'm not sure only getting a 20% gear reduction is worth the cost and trouble. I don't have any pictures to post yet. After we finish new bumpers. I plan on posting some pictures. Mudrat79 does have some pictures of my lift. Check out his website http://www.oregonoffroadsubaruclub.org. His email address is there and he can show you pictures and tell you all about the lift.