Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Okay, the Corvette guys have had a special Corvette wave for years when they pass each other. Some PT Cruiser owners were actually trying to get theirs going. Is there a Subaru Wave for when we pass each other on the road? (Or off the road for that fact....) :)

While I realize 99% of Corvette drivers are "enthusiasts" and a lot of Sube drivers are simply driving their transportation, I have been surprised as a new Sube owner to discover all the I'm-Crazy-For-Subaru people out there/here. When I pass another Legacy or Outback wagon I sometimes pop a smooth wave to my fellow Subie brethern, which is almost always ignored or returned with a who-the-hell-are-you type glance.

Okay, the Corvette guys have had a special Corvette wave for years when they pass each other. Some PT Cruiser owners were actually trying to get theirs going. Is there a Subaru Wave for when we pass each other on the road? (Or off the road for that fact....) :)

While I realize 99% of Corvette drivers are "enthusiasts" and a lot of Sube drivers are simply driving their transportation, I have been surprised as a new Sube owner to discover all the I'm-Crazy-For-Subaru people out there/here. When I pass another Legacy or Outback wagon I sometimes pop a smooth wave to my fellow Subie brethern, which is almost always ignored or returned with a who-the-hell-are-you type glance.

As they say here in Central Oregon:

Only outsiders don't wave.

Later,

Peter

I usually try to wave at other subarus. Especially BC/BFs

When I'm driving one of my EA81 cars and I see another on the road, I give a wave. Since this is a VERY rare occurrence in Ohio (I sometimes think I must own 1/2 of all the EA81 cars in my county), the other drivers usually wave back with an understanding smile.

Here in Colorado you would wreck because you would have to wave all the time and not be able to steer!

Alright, I take back my suggestion about using an old Head-Gasket to wave with.

I have just read on CNN that Consumer reports have given top marks to Subaru in 2 categories:

- Best 'Fun to Drive' car: Subaru Impreza WRX/STi;

- Best 'Small SUV': Subaru Forester.

So I suggest that we keep a copy of Consumer Reports in the door-pocket, and wave that at other Subies (and at other cars!)

I like the head-gasket idea. Here in Houston, there's more Hummers than Subies. I always wave to other OBWs, but have recieved a few 1 finger salutes in return.

Bradford

Alright, I take back my suggestion about using an old Head-Gasket to wave with.

I have just read on CNN that Consumer reports have given top marks to Subaru in 2 categories:

- Best 'Fun to Drive' car: Subaru Impreza WRX/STi;

- Best 'Small SUV': Subaru Forester.

So I suggest that we keep a copy of Consumer Reports in the door-pocket, and wave that at other Subies (and at other cars!)