Ultimate Subaru Message Board

is it worth it

Well after all the time and money we have spent on the GSR you wonder if it is worth it when some loser runs there key down the side. My son who is at uni went up to his flat(apartment) for no more than 5min and when he came back down the GSR had been keyed. He is now bringing the car home for safe keeping but he shouldn't have to. If the person got caught they would only get a slap on the hand by the police. Very p***ed off.

This old sub is different just ask moosens and I have already been offered more than it owes me but I will never sell it because it is one of the rearest you could find. I have a75 DL1400 to restore yet and will post photos of it soon. Just dont under stand some peoples mentality when they damage someones pride and joy for no reason.

A subaru-restauration is never worth it, because you will never ever get the $$$ you put into your old soob.

I paid 2800 Euro for my car, put 1000 Euro into it and it is around 1000 Euro worth.

Lukas

Sorry to hear about the damage.Losers!

Yes,the GSR is way too special to those who have some tie to the early years of Subaru.

Dual carb'd 1400 w/93 hp at around 4800rpm(??) 10:1 pistons and a good amount more lobe to the cam.Sure they aren't worth what the Z cars of the early 70's are but to us they're worth dumping $2-3,000 USD's into them.

My '73 Coupe will be about as close to the GSR as you're likely to find here in the USA.Except we got the lesser powered EA62

sad to hear about that ... it's amazing ... the lower your IQ, generally the more distructive you are ...

on that note ... I SECOND the motion on the 12 GA but never mind the 00 buck shot ... I'd use rocksalt ... I'd rather they scream in pain than die :headbang:

Thanks for the comment .Feeling better. But I wouldnt use a shotgun. I have a SKS semi auto , much more fun.

dont worry its worth it.

your subaru gsr even with the key mark is worth more then any old gen car in the usa......

You can see the GSR in the photo gallery but I will send some with it lowered when my son brings it back home. Paul that photo is exactly how the GSR looked before we did it up. Same color,strips and everything. Yes we do have a 74 GSR still haven't picked it up yet. Am taking some photos of the DL1400 tommorrow and with post them in the weekend.

subygsr please post a pix of your car for us again... also didnt you pick up a new suby not to long ago....

No worries . The guy in Cromwell who owns a wrecking yard for old subies has the correct specs for the hotted up GSR and has original brochures for them as well. Keep by your phone (ring ring)

Kevin,be sure to correct me on any info.I look at my old Factory Service Manuals and get all bug eyed when I look over at the spec's of the GSR EA63S.

I'll be available all day Saturday.Not sure if my phone carrier is going to whack me for out of country calls,so email if you don't mind and we'll talk real soon,I'm sure.

Let me know what you see that would help me out for my "GSR".

Do you know if the dual carb I have for a 1600 is the same?I'm pretty sure it'll work,but was looking for any experience regarding the exchange.

My '73 could really use:

driver's seat-black w/white center

dashboard

rear side window-but I can get that here easy enough,I think.