Ultimate Subaru Message Board

front camber question

ok first off i did actually do a search this time before i posted(im so proud of myself lol) i found this thread on camber adjustment

http://http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=16098&highlight=camber+adjustment

not sure if that link worked or not, hopefully it did.

now i might just be a little too numb to understand it right now or maybe i might a little.

its saying to adjust the camber you would crank on the nut in the middle top of the strut, am i correct on this? if so what way would i probably need to turn it to get it so the bottom of my tires arent leaning in?

and i will admit i may have missed where it said it which way.

any help would be appreciated.

Your tires look like this? \ / or like this? / \

If it is the first one then I would guess that you have your suspension cranked up. If it is the second then you have a weak or bent strut. A camber plate will help but is an expensive alternative.

they look like this \ / not too bad but i only adjusted it up halfway to even it out a little from putting the rears on the top setting, i was wanting to put them up the rest of the way but i know if i did then they would be pointed way too much inward. it did a little better today with a little extra height offroading.

we have a place here called the 'dunes' that within a relatively small area you can test out your ride on most situations from rock crawling up about a 30 foot spot to dirt hill climbing and whatnot

why is it the cars dont have any adjustment? every other car i have ever owned has had some type of adjustment