Ultimate Subaru Message Board

pics of my new $100 soob

well yesterday i bought the hatch that i was talking about the disty issues with ,found out today it was definatally a disty issue and now i just gotta get another 1, anyways, as the title says i paid 100 for it. its an 87 2wd hatch with an ea71 motor and 5spd tranny its got some dents on it and the interior is pretty rough but it is rust free at least.

well heres the pics

IM001065.jpg

IM001067.jpg

IM001064.jpg

nah i wouldnt bring this 1, its just my around town beater and my tow vehicle, ide take my wagon in the far background of the last pic if i could come.

BTW anyone gotta ea71 disty they wanna get rid of? lol

you can use a ea81 disty as well...

Might want to ask lmdew for a disty. I got one from him this week and it is out of an 81 something or other and it is working fine in my 85 hatchback.

By the way lmdew, thanks big time. Got it working this morning, I was 1 tooth off like I thought.

erik this car actually does run well once i get the disty replaced, and i know that for a fact since i just bought it off my landlord and seen it driven every day for the few months he owned it, and i know anything he did to it since he lives not even 200ft from me and was always asking for my help working on it. so really i got more than i paid for just knowing how it runs, as well as knowing all the many parts the car got before he go it, just from looking under the hood

morgan yeah gotta love them and actually other than most of the interior being rough other than the seats, and the dash, the only body damage on it really is on the pass side as you see and a little denting on the hood, the drivers side is pretty much all straight, thing even has a bumper mount tow hitch on it.

lefty i might try imming him a little later on today as i gotta get off here as soon as im done this message for now.

tscinmd i gotta call a guy back in a few and find out about if he has a disty and if he doesnt want a rediculious amount for it ,if that doesnt work out, ill def get in touch with you , because i really need to get this going in a cpl weeks at most since im fixing to move

ITS ALIVE!!!!!!! well after about a half mile of walking around the only jy that even had any soobs i found a twin hatch to mine sitting on its side with a ea81 motor in it, it was an 84 but the disty was in good enough shape even without a cap on it since the hood was still down.

its runs great, i do have a couple of things im gonna have to do to it though, the clutch catches way to low and the gas pedal seems to do the same, but other than that it seems to do just fine, glad i didnt waste $100!!! lol

you know,seeing these pics of the older subies(ea81,82s)is really making me want one.only prob is there's not that many around here.at least none i can afford.sucks when you gotta watch what you spend:(

you wagon in the back ground in last pic,is it a gl? looks like the one i use to own(as much as i can see)same color an the roof rack an lil wing on the rear

yeah its a 85 gl 4x4 wagon with the d/r 5spd in it. yeah gotta love the older soobies, and i do understand about having to watch the money, still kinda on the wifeys s-list for buying this 1 only like 2 months after i just bought the wagon.

try looking in the seabrook area there at least used to be a butload of them there when i was last up there a few years ago. ill be moving back up there next spring so we gotta meet up sometime. we were living in portsmouth nh before we moved to this hole in the wall about 7 yrs ago, and my dad is still up there in epping.

YAY !!!! i got my clutch and accellerator cable issue taken care of thanks to Miles advice, now this little hatch will lay a 30 ft patch of smoking rubber down the pavement, and the only reason it stops at that is because i let off the gas. i was gonna sell this after i got it fixed but i think its just too much fun to sell, dont get me wrong i love my wagon, but this little hatch i can beat the hell outta and have a good time with, and save my wagon from the beating (other than the offroading of course)

makes me think i gotta do some fine tuning to my wagon since this little ea71 has way more power than the ea82 in my wagon