Ultimate Subaru Message Board

The Swap is ON

Well, the deal on the '91 Legacy SS didn't workout so it looks like I'm back to plan A... EJ22T into the '87 RX (its what I really wanted anyway :-p ). I'm going to pick up the swap donor tomorrow, then I need a 5MT trans (the donor is an auto), and I should have some money left for some mods... maybe a VF39 and Sti TMIC. :brow:

I'll try and keep the group updated along the way, if I bust my but I might even have it rollin by WCSS. Hmmm, what do you call 250hp in a RX... Totally Irresponsible!

Gary

and I should have some money left for some mods... maybe a VF39 and Sti TMIC. :brow:

Gary

careful with that vf39, my heavily modded WRX friends call it the "tranny breaker"

other than that, your on the track of one mean ride, can't wait to see it...

wanna race?

garner

Well, the deal on the '91 Legacy SS didn't workout so it looks like I'm back to plan A... EJ22T into the '87 RX (its what I really wanted anyway :-p ). I'm going to pick up the swap donor tomorrow, then I need a 5MT trans (the donor is an auto), and I should have some money left for some mods... maybe a VF39 and Sti TMIC. :brow:

I'll try and keep the group updated along the way, if I bust my but I might even have it rollin by WCSS. Hmmm, what do you call 250hp in a RX... Totally Irresponsible!

Gary

250hp?, is that what the EJ22t produce?, Or is that what your planning on making it have?

If so, what's it have stock?

~CHIM~

wanna race?

Sure, but just for fun... and I'm sure its gonna be fun. :grin:

CHIM, Stock the EJ22T (technically I believe its a EJ22G) is 160hp, 180ft/lb T (crank). The 240-260hp range seems to be within easy reach with a few mods and rumor has it the the stock bottom end is good to 300+.

I recently talked with a guy that has a Legacy SS with a VF39 @ 15psi, a large top mount IC, 410cc liberty injectors, JDM twincam heads and (I'm sure) some intake and exhaust mods, he claims to be in the 250hp range. And all that under the stock ECU.

Gary