Ultimate Subaru Message Board

3 Days Till GLF!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK I am getting super excited now...3 more days till we go pick up my 82 GLF:banana:. I cant wait!! I am ready to start ripping into her and getting her minor problems fixed. I have been waiting for one of these things for awhile...cant believe I am actually going to finally have one.....and one with only 32K!!!!

I am reserving the tow dolly tomorrow....then might have a small welcome home party in a week or two or three for some of the locals.(Once I get my gas grill..have a small cook-out for those who have helped myself and moosens you know..a little cook out thing) Dave and Melis and Matt and Michelle,and Paul and his wife,and anyone else you all are welcome to come.

did you get a name for her yet?

good luck on your trip.those dolly`s are usually pretty easy to handle.

I am leaning towards calling her Abby..but will have to wait..see what fits her after she is here.

We are going to take Pauls wagon I think to go pick her up since Tom doesnt have a hitch on his truck and neither does Bucky...plus Bucky's clutch right now couldnt handle towing.

Hey! you are a Newburger..so you will be welcome to my Welcome home to the coupe party too..

So Sat evening keep an eye out foe a yellow 84 GL wagon towing a red GLF and thats us!!

yeah, I towed my '88 xt6 FWD from oswego to the canadian border wtih a uhaul dolly... wasn't too bad... nothing like towing the 4WD xt6 from the bottom of pennsylvania through an hour of the worst fog I've ever seen (on I-81 with people passing me at 75-80mph!!!) on a full size uhaul auto transport trailer (2000lbs + car weight.. was pushing me good down hills)

operose, did you tow that xt6 with another soob?that would be impressive.

bucky92, i wish i could make it on sat, but my mother has already asked me to mow her lawn, and to help my father do some cleaning up around the yard.hopefully everything goes smooth on the GLF.i`ll keep a look out for a soob towin a soob (not something you see everyday)i want a picture of it before you unhook:grin:

jon

elw00to!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tick tock tick tock...wish I could be there to help you out, but that same day I'll be picking up the SVX. As soon as time permits I'll be trekking up your way to help celebrate.

Talk soon chicky and again CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!

found this in CT in case you need some parts, not a glf though:

1983 SUBARU GL SEDAN

auto on floor, 4 cyl, 2 dr, 4 new tires, runs great, good cond in & out, $350. (203) 469-5561 Anthony . East Haven

Hahahaha,that freakin' guido!!! :lol: If it's the same one,which I'll bet it is,then it's actually a decent car.Opinion based on it'ss condition almost 2 years ago when I looked at it.

Its Officail!!! GLF coming home definately Sat!! WeeHoo!!!!All arrangements have been made,,,sweetbaby girl is coming!! I am going to be a basket case at work tomorrow knowing that first thing Sat morning we will be hitting the road to go get her:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Connie or Tom will be driving.I'm catching up on some sleep on the way up......sorry to break the news to you Connie.You'll get an EA81 practice run for about 6++ hours.;)

Should be fun.Let's hope for no mechanicals,or DNF's in any way.

I'm totally excited about this for you Connie! If you have a party depending on what wknd. it will be I believe that Michelle and I will most likely show up.

This is me.... :banana::D

Be careful towing....you don't want to end up like this.....:dead: or your going to be .... :mad:

Good luck guys and be safe!

Matt

question.what's the diff between a glf an a gl. prob a silly or stupid question but as to where i've only dealt with gl,gl-10,dl an legacy along with a loyale. i just recently heard some of yah mention glf.

on the naming thing(ok 2 questions) how do you come up with some of them.for the life of me i can't think of one that fits my subie.only name i could think of was (bernie) which was my grandmothers nick name.short for bernice.

9465back_drivers_side_angle-thumb.JPG does she look like a bernie?

gonna have to find out g-mothers personality an see if there the same.

question.what's the diff between a glf an a gl. prob a silly or stupid question but as to where i've only dealt with gl,gl-10,dl an legacy along with a loyale. i just recently heard some of yah mention glf.

on the naming thing(ok 2 questions) how do you come up with some of them.for the life of me i can't think of one that fits my subie.only name i could think of was (bernie) which was my grandmothers nick name.short for bernice.

9465back_drivers_side_angle-thumb.JPG does she look like a bernie?

gonna have to find out g-mothers personality an see if there the same.

I think its all about trim packages I believe but dont hold me too it...this is my first EA81...All I know is the GL-10s have the digital dash..and mine has guages..I just like the name GLF bit better than just GL..kinda makes it sound faster :lol:

As for the names..for me its just always been what sticks...My previous Toyota truck was Finiky Fickus ..named after someon I knew...when Fickus died and I got my Loyale ..I laughed and said I should name it Bucky cause the guy I knew..his first name was Bucky and since I already used Fickus Bucky should be appropriate..And Bucky just stuck...like glue..now ppl even refer to him as Bucky..example...can you and Bucky give me a ride??

And yes I think she looks like a Bernice....:grin:

It's 6:46pm and I just got off the phone with Connifur...they are on their way back to CT. She was quick with her call, but she's very excited! I'll let her post what she finds in/wrong with the new baby (I know she found something really cool). At this moment they are 20 miles outside of Albany!!! She says "she's a pretty girl"

Smiles,

Melis