Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Discoverer SST's on the legacy

NoahDL88

so the stock legacy wheels are 22.7 and the disoverer SST's are 27.7, so the difference is 5 inches total, which divided by two is of course 2.5 so the real question is do you think they would fit with the forester springs and wheels?

I'm gonna measure some time this week, but the look of those tires would be dang sexy on the legacy, and i'm not worried about a little pounding the fenders either. Yeah, i'm gonna crank this one to 11.

they only have the 27s for the 14 inch rim, i got a set of forrester wheels and the smallest for the 15 inch is 235/75R15 which is about 29 inches. i'll have to keep looking, that seems a bit excessive for a reasonable amount of banging on the fenders

The Discoverer's have been a great road trip tire for my wagon as well. Ive clocked 2 round trip's to Oregon and back and one round trip to Seattle and back. The tires still have enough tread to survive a few more runs.

I dont know about mounting Swampers under a legacy. I had thought of putting my 27" Coopers on my Turbo Legacy, when i had it, but the rotors were too large for 14" rims.

-Brian