Ultimate Subaru Message Board

new to subaru...just got a 2005 2.5 rs impreza wgn...couple of questions for you

hi there, located here in boston, ma, usa. new to the forum...long time listener, 1st time caller thing... :-)

just got rid of my wife's 98 honda civic 71k for a regal blue 2.5 rs imprezza automagic..nice car...just about to get rid of my 03 a4 1.8t for a legacy 2.5 wgn methinks...nice platforms for some personalization.

couple of questions about mainly low level silly stuff, but you gotta start somewhere, right? thank you in advance.

who can tell me where to get some different pedals for my gal...i've seen the red/purple sti logo'd ones...looking for something a little different...any suggestions?

fog lights...what have you all done that are better than the oem ones they try to sell you at the dealer?

the same goes for upgrading the bulbs on the headlights?

lastly, for now...what have people put in for upgrading speaker/amp systems?

and who's put in a doubledin nav unit into one of these babies?

any and all info would be appreciated. you could also email me if that's better per forum rules.

thank you,

jeffrey

looking forward to learning more about subs.

Welcome cyclinboy, glad to have you aboard.

If you specified the year of the car you'd have better luck with good responses... the answers for some things will vary depnding on the year. BTW it's Impreza, with one "z" :)

I'm assuming it's an '05... but you know what they say about that ;)

RS's first came in coupes and sedans... then 02/03/04 as sedans only... now they're either a wagon or sedan. Confusing, yes.

I have info on foglights for 02/03 and speakers for 02/03/04... there's also a good link in another very recent thread about installing a head unit into an '02 RS...

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=35952

Also a good site for mods is http://www.scoobymods.com.

Steve

steve

thanks for the reply.

i've corrected as suggested, it's a 2005 wagon, and now 1 Z icon12.gif

what i would like is a suggestion of a better speaker system [incl tweeter] than the stocks...but i don't need show quality or anything near it...

i couldn't find the post on scoobymods, i think the server move goofed things up, so any info on the fog light mod would be cool...

btw, can the drl function be deactivated?

thanks again.

jeffrey

Good choice on the wagon...

This link has tons of info on audio stuff:

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=170844

Nearly anything that costs more than $5 will be better than the stock speakers, unless they've dramatically improved them since '03. We put in Infinity 6.5's in the front... they're not components but rather two ways. You can find a very detailed set of instructions for speaker install if you follow the link above. Also the forum that that FAQ belongs too is a good place to search for information. Please search before posting there... almost any question you have will have been asked there before about 50 times.

My fog light info won't apply to your car... it's only for 02/03 where they had the big fog lights... but just for fun here it is:

http://users.sisna.com/ignatius/subaru/mods/fogs/

You may be able to find some aftermarket ones that fit your car... check out Hella for fog or driving lights.

Enjoy the RS!

Steve