Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Meanwhile,the old '78 turns 84 **vintage daily,any others?

I really do appreciate all my vintage owner friends buffing their cars out and making them pretty.I truely wish I was at the point that I can also begin the wagon resto,and the coupe.....well,whatever it'll become :brow:

.....but meanwhile,the good old pony keeps a chuggin' along,turning 84,000,being 28 years old,not needing and resto quite yet.My beachin' 1978 4WD wagon,currently my daily driver.:D

128Connie_s_Party_019-med.jpg

Anybody else using a vintage ride as a daily?I'm sure there's a few.

Everybody is really starting to notice it now.The other parents comment how they had one,etc....and "oh,that's so cute" from the moms.The kids are also really taking notice.It's no longer just an old car.It's now obvious that there just aren't any of these around up here anymore.

I hope I get mine buffed out someday.Meanwhile,the '78 turns 84...and keeps on truckin'.

Cheers!

Vintage Subarules!!!!!!!

Paulyburger....drop it off sometime and I could buff that beauty out for you...you DO know I used to run an auto detail shop..you might be suprised at what I can do. Hard to tell sometimes looking at my cars ( I need to get to both real soon before rust takes over)

paul, did you get in contact with the guy that has that 79 in oregon?

It's not going to happen for me.Too far,and some people put a fairly high value on it.

Todd,yes,sorry I haven't called back.TTYS

Connie,sounds good,except it's my daily driver right now.We'll talk soon.

i have yet to actually get my brat on the road but its planned to be used as a daily...

since i have no other car...:rolleyes:

some people wonder why i bother working on my car constanty instead of buying a newer car... my parents even were willing to buy me a honda or something because my brother got one for free from my grandma... i'm still wonder why i refused...

i could have gotten it then sold it and bought another suby!:-p

i don't think my parents would go for that though...

But ya! my brat is a daily(or soon to be!)... and its got 156k on the clock(i'm pretty sure the odo has rolled over once)...

My Brat is a daily driver. I also have a 01 Tracker that has been good, but the Soob is soooo much more fun. I just got a tune up and had the time adjusted (12degrees off), and now it runs like a champ. 26-28 mpg, can't ask for much more.