Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Need a car shipped

id call a lot of used car dealers and see what company they use. im sure there is someone alerady heading out that way. lots of times when i worked at the ford dealer when the trailer was full they would use a driver and the cars that didnt fit on it would have to follow along. but that was using the cheapest service they could get.

Trudy,

Find an old car club forum and get recommendations from them. They seem to know where to get safe, reasonable shipping. I learned this after my shipping fiasco.

It was a nightmare. The driver had an emotional meltdown and was holding all the cars, he threatened that I would never see the car again. I had to report the car stolen before I finally got it a month later.

Research the shipper very carefully.

Good luck!

Mary

how much is too much to spend on shipping? Maybe I can set up a road trip to haul it out to you?

I used this guy Tom at Iron Horse Transport. He was great to work with and saved me a few hundred dollars. He is not listed on the Web, but I trust him more than anyone on the Web. His number is 407-876-3501. I dont know how often he checks his email. But I have known him to answer my calls on Sunday. He is real good about getting back in touch with you and everything else. Anyways he can list you car on a site that thousands of Truckers look at. You can set the amount you want to spend and truckers will either take the Job or not. He can explain all the details. I will just add that he was able to get my car moved in one day. The other places said it would take close to 3 Weeks. Almost to weeks to get it picked up and another 7-10 Days to get it delivered. Anyways that is an option.