Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What do you think i should offer??

At work yesterday we had a white 86 brumby traded in, it has 240,000Km on the clock, Torn seats, Cracked dash, Moldey roof lining, both inner front cv boots split, oil leaks from the engine, 4sp D/R gear box and diff. the good points are that it has no rust that i can see anda straight body also tyres that are about 30% worn.

I was thinking this could be my project 6inch lift big mud tyres turbo 6cyl etc.

What do you think, whats it worth??

Don't know. No rust is a big positive. 6 Cylinders sounds nice, what engine are you going to use?

You don't want to go too low, and start being talked, up and up, and up. You also don't want to offer him too much. I'd start at $2500... the prices i've seen that would be a steal. You have to look in the paper in see what they're going for in your region. Everywhere will be different.

Where do you work?

I work at Key Motors Mazda and Subaru in Townsville, Queensland, 2nd year apprentice motor mech.

I will probably try to get an ER27 from o/seas and try to set it up like Subaru Brats brat only not as tall because i think i would have trouble geting it approved for roadworthy if it were that tall (pitty i would enjoy sitting next to a Hilux (ROllUX) at the lights in a 12" lifted roo with 30 somethin" + mud terrains:brow: ).

The prices around here vary in townsville it would be worth that maybe but go just 100Km south to the burdekin like Home Hill orAyr and its worth double that atleast. I dunno i may have to skip Sandy and Scotty and go straight to Mr Carmichael Dealer Principal, he likes to look after his own people, the salesmen just dont give a f##k, they just want their commission. SOB's

Cool, i'd love a gig like that.

Yep, salesmen are pricks (apologies to salesmen on the board;)). Cut them out if you can, all they worry about is their pocket. The dealer principal should do you a good deal. Dunno what your place is like, but the upmarket (bigger) type dealerships don't like to have old cars, and send them off to auction. They also don't offer much to trade them in. They probably don't know the value either if they only deal in new cars. You should be able get a great deal, car sounds like a goer. Go for it:D

...And post pics as you go. Sounds like a good project.

Na cars older than about 95/96 get sent to brisbane as wholesales or to one of the cheap ripoff (budget) caryards around. I will have to go and see Adam tomorrow morning. Knowing my luck it has already been sold to one of these (budget) car yards around. Oh well we'll see what happns. I post what happns tomorrow.

i didnt get to buy the brumby but i may still get to drive it.

The boss bought it for a workshop ute for a $1000 au but like i said, IT NEEDS WORK.

He asked me what mags would fit, i todt him and he said, so the 17" chrome american critter mags i got of a wrx wont fit? i said you would have to do a 5 stud conversion to make thm fit or do the 6 stud conversion and get some bravo mags if you want 17" otherwise theirs the 15" superlites. he said oh.

maybe i will get put incharge of the work and get to do the things i want to do to my ute but cant afford:brow: