Ultimate Subaru Message Board

ATV's use 4-140mm lug patern? ( ATTN:snowman)

atv big boofy tires are rated for lower psi. hope they dont pop the beads with the weight of a soob. but try it out, you may never know!

but the atv tires are not radial, are not dot approved, and are illegal and probably unsafe for paved road usage, but they will be a lot of fun off road!!!

I had actually considered ATV tires before, but found the same problem, they don't make big enough wheels for a subaru, and the weight rating would be different. Also, usually only the front wheels use a 4x140 pattern (on the rear of my suzuki, it's a five lug), so only front rims would work.

Folks do use ATV tires on Subarus!

The Auzzies have been doing it for several years now. Seems to work fine for them.

A 12" rim is suppose to clear/fit on your old Subie:brow:

This is exactly what my buggy plans call for.:D

I'm looking at having some 12" rims custom made by Stockton Rim or (using agricultural blanks and welding in a center). This would allow me to use ATV tires and not ATV rims. I'm not convinced the rims would hold up to abuse? I have spoke with several dealers and they questioned the strength too.

A 26X12X12 (6ply) is suppose to be the same as your factory tire. This would allow you to keep your gearing and have a lot of rubber between a rock and your rim.

I'm planning on doing it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For what it's worth,

Glenn

82 Hatch, transforming...wants ATV tires : :temper:

01 Forester, jealous........:boohoo