Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Crankshaft pulley is not good. Not turning right. No engine noise...thank goodness. Not real comfortable buying used one...how do I know if its okay? Was removed properly, etc?

Where can I get an aftermarket one? No one here in town has a listing for it.

Does anyone here have known good pulley I can buy? Need it yesterday!!!

Thanks.

Yes, they run funny with that pulley broken. Get a junkyard one, all the ej22 and ej25 ones are interchangable so somebody in town ought to have it. Try the yard on the South East side of town....I used to live in Iowa City but I cant remember the yard's name. They have a rent a wreck and are next to Watson Auto Body, north of US 30 and East of 280. They let you pull your own parts for a $1 entry fee.

Its neat to meet someone else from Iowa. Unfortunately, that yard does not have a pulley to fit my car. Will have to use A-1 Imports near Amana. Don't think they are very professional, but they are the only ones with a pulley. Please see my other post about low compression and bearing problems. The car they are pulling the parts from has low compression. I am concerned that the bearings might be bad...and have damaged the pulley. But they can only tell me that it has low compression. Pulley may be fine. Don't think the crank shaft has been hurt though. No noise which is good!!