Ultimate Subaru Message Board

drive axle shop

hey guys i found a great shop that rebuild axles and the have a lifetime warrenty as well. the axles for the 80-84's are 89bucks a piece and installed are 165 per side. the name of this place is,

n.w. axle express. its in totem lake near kirkland wa. the phone# is 425-814-3738

the person that you want to talk to is named skip. there is a toll free number as well its 888-695-axle

Geez, $89 an axle! That's waaaaaaaaaay too high!!!

I bought my axles from http://www.cvaxles.com at about $55 a piece, for both the Legacy and XT, with lifetime warranty. And I install them myself...

I was recommended to them by someone on the BC-BF Legacy forum, and have been very satisfied with not only their product, but their customer service... :cool:

Having to send an axle all the way back to Florida if it goes bad is a pretty big pain in the rump roast, though I have heard alot of good things about their axles.

You're lucky if you can find a good rebuilder in your immediate area to save the down time associated with replacing a bunk axle.

Quality of the boots always seems to be a problem for me.

Good Luck!:headbang: