Ultimate Subaru Message Board

subaru articulation pics.

A DOG

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about some articulation on the trail?

Dont look like much at first; but look at the axle angles. Open diffs were failing me here. Took a couple attempts to make this turn because the front left was dropping over a root and spinng and the rear right didnt have enough weight on it to keep traction.

rear_bumper.JPG

I miss Castana :( Gotta go next year! Who's with me?! :drunk:

513PDC_0568.jpg

as soon as i can i will post some pics too. only they aren't on the trail.

How about some articulation on the trail?

Dont look like much at first; but look at the axle angles. Open diffs were failing me here. Took a couple attempts to make this turn because the front left was dropping over a root and spinng and the rear right didnt have enough weight on it to keep traction.

rear_bumper.JPG

I miss Castana :( Gotta go next year! Who's with me?! :drunk:

513PDC_0568.jpg

awsome dude, can't wait.

Every weekend me and a few friends go camping and wheelin. All of my friends have subarus. One of my friends got a realy nice toyota 4runner. I always bring the camera. So I allready got a lot of good footage, but I want to wait till next spring before I put out my final movie. Although their might be a teaser before then. :brow:

Just out of curiosity, has anyone tried putting a Sube on an RTI ramp? Get a shot stock, then at various degrees of lift, etc.

http://www.ausubaru.com/ausubaru/html/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=3495&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15

Brumbyrunner did. I don't know if its a real RTI ramp but he did use a ramp to guage how much he gained from his custom suspension.

I have access to an RTI ramp at a local Offroad shop. Just havent been down there yet to check it out. I also couldnt compare to stock; unless maybe Arch came down with his black wagon.

RTI score would be pathetic to say the least. This is mostly due to how it's scored. You stop going up the ramp just before your rear tire comes off t he ground... well thats not when I stop when I'm offroad! Lifting one or two tires is simply a way of life offroading a Subaru.

RTI score would be pathetic to say the least. This is mostly due to how it's scored. You stop going up the ramp just before your rear tire comes off t he ground... well thats not when I stop when I'm offroad! Lifting one or two tires is simply a way of life offroading a Subaru.

Yeah, I wasn't expecting numbers in the 900s or anything ;) Just thought it might make for an interesting set of numbers. Thanks for the link, btw.

i've had mine up a ramp that a guy with a modified samuri had build, he had it at a grand opening of a new offroad shop up the street from where i work. they had a show and shine and well i went up the ramp and they said i got up farther then some stock jeeps. i have a picture but its on my cell phone i will try and get it posted. they weren't doing any contest because they didn't know how to do the scoring.

Just out of curiosity, has anyone tried putting a Sube on an RTI ramp? Get a shot stock, then at various degrees of lift, etc.