Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Weak and ineffectual brakes......

bella

Hello,

This is my problem:yesterday I have changed my brake pads. Because I didn't now how to push back cylinder to make more space for the new pads, I depleted it from brake fluid and late I learned that cylinder must be rotated to recede into the background. Now after brake aeration(only on that side with depleted cylinder-front right side-This could be the problem,...Should I bleed the others 3,...and the brake pump?????:banghead: ) my brakes are more, more weak and ineffectual that before....Please give me an advice...Thank you allot.:banghead::banghead:

1. Go to an auto store and buy self-bleed tool. there are two kinds

a. ($7) a small tank with a one-way valve - you hook it up to the bleeder valve, open the valve some, and press the pedal yourself.

b. ($30) a hand pump that pulls the fluid out.

Both should have instructions.

2. Go to a search engine and type "how to bleed brakes, " and press Go.

DO NOT FORGET - Start at the brake that has the longest line to the master cylinder: usually the right rear.

So,....should I bleed the brake pump(the MC) too????Because tomorrow I want to do this action.

Thanks

P.S. When I press the brake pedal a very easy anomaly is happen with my engine...is not working so fine at idle state...any guess??? There is a vaccum leak??

Question on brake feel on the EA81 wagons. I've owned two of them, and both had brakes that you had to give one pump before putting your foot into it. Sort of like it wasn't completly bled. But I did bleed both according to the manual. Has anyone else experienced this? My EA82 wagons don't feel this way -- firm pedal on the first push.