Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Ok, so...any guesses...?

WJM

in rheory, one could make huge power with an ea82t, it will just be very expinsive. i have my first engine ripped apart at a machine shop, it will be vvery pricey and take a while to get finished, but should make insane power when i get it done.

What are you having done to it?

What are you having done to it?

sorry it took me so long to respond to that question.

first thing is first, i gotta save lots of $$$$. im getting a full port and polish, multi angle valve job, delta cams, custom forged pistons, forged rods, lightend and ballance the rotating assembly, upgraded vavle springs, stainless vavles, o-ringed cylenders, spyder manifold, xt-6 throttle body, larger turbo, pair of audi tt corner mount intercoolers, custom header, mega squirt and edis, better fuel delivery, going to look into getting the holes for the head bolts enlargened to accept slightly larger head studs, aluminum oil pan, hopefully a three core radiator, new motor and tranny mounts, hopefully, better suspension, and some other stuff i cant quite remember at the moment.....

theoretically, should about triple the output running 15-20 psi, well according to those that ive talked to about the planned mods. either way, i have the feeling im going to break stuff.

oh yeah, also, custom aluminum drive shaft with heavy duty u-joints, lightened fly wheel, and lightened crank pully. thats what i was thinking of earlier.

very true, but some one told me that one of the aftermarket manufacturers can knock out a set of high quality rods for the ea engines, i cant remember what one off the top of my head, but ill find out again, hopefully. i need to talk to some people again to start the ball rolling on the project. the guys at ram performance engine told me that they will be able to help me out with getting the right parts to make the engine both powerful and reliable.

ill get an update when i get more info, granted, i am still researching the project.