Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Your F#@king joking me!!!

I went to my local cabie center on friday at lunch to see if they had any 32/36 webbers in stock and he said that a brand spanking new webber 32/36 would be about $480 if i hand him cash otherwise it will be 500 neat, or i could have a reco one for the sum of $330 cash.

I thought that this was a bit steep. what do you think?

Is it worth it?

Don't forget the $480 is Australian dollars. So $315USD = $415AUD (and also every thing over here is more just because.) $600 for a carb or the EA81 sounds like a ..... Anyway, I wouldn't buy it. After all for $1000 (and a fair bit of work) you could fit a old EJ20 (non turbo) in there Brumby Boy.

I hear you can get a S/H weber for $100 + $50 odd for the adapter plate on AUSubaru. New carbies always cost a bucket load of cash.

EA81 stock has 76HP and 100 odd ft-lb. A old EJ20 would have around 110HP and 130? ft-lb... I don't know what a weber can do for a EA81, but I don't think it would get anywhere near 110HP...

Hey, hows that rollbar coming along?

yeah i dont know. I dont realy have the energy, paitents or time to go fitting an ej20 as much as ide love to. but yeah i dont think it is worth the money, i think i might get that lift before any motor work. im picking up my new Performance Chalnger 15x7 wheels today:headbang:

PS: i havnt even had a chance to touch that roll bar yet i have been too busy looking for a new place to live.

the wheels are currently straight white and abit rough so i will be spending some time to clean them up and repaint them like the ones you did that photoshop with for me. if i dont have a lift by the time they are ready ill be putin on some 215/50-15 roadies on but if i have my lift they will be gettin some bridgestone desert dualer A/T's like the ones on my mates patrol. Geez i love my mates parents tyre shop:brow: .

I did notice in a car mag i was reading the other week an imported ER27 is only $1000:brow: