Ultimate Subaru Message Board

rearr diff options cuz oftranny swap

eddygordouk

ever since learning about the speedo sensor in the tranny and odb2 goin into limp mode without it ive been leanin towards tranny swap rather than adapter plate for rx with ej25 going in. i was wondering, what diff would i need? can i use any from an ej? or does it haave to be from a ej25 model car? i have found some wrx rear diffs which sound pretty slick to get, if there is any difference. also i have read tot believe that since i have an ea82t my rear axle splines will fit? or do i need new rear axles also? those are also for sale so im wooondering.

so now a website has got me wondering, it seems to show that the auto diff ratio of a wrx is the same as a manual 2001 RS diff ratio. That beign are they then switchable? that would be nice since it would give me a slightly larger amount of places to look for diffs. just a thought. also would i have to shorten/lengthen my axels or anything after swap?

the wrx has a front diff of 3.9, a center diff of 1.1:1, and a rear diff of 3.545 or 3.454, not the one you want. and i was wrong everyone, my 1990 has a rear diff of 4.111, my bad. also, check out the archives for the axle/spline count thread it will help alot.

~Josh~