Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Could someone who's familiar with the central New Jersey/eastern PA region tell me where the local salvage yards are? I guess the best would be one of those "yank-it-yerself" places. I've heard that there are some good places in PA. I'm in Clinton Township, so easy access to I-78.

Thanks.

Hey, I live just down the road in Union. What kinda parts are you looking for?

There are a few local places I've been to, but I'd say the amount of Subaru stuff is fairly minimal, but I doubt there are many people looking either.

Cozze Bros. is closest, it's up past the walmart make a right on race st.

Brass Castle imports is up in Oxford. Last time i was there they had a lot of VW stuff, worth a call.

Columbia Too is pretty big, and well sorted, it's off 57 just northeast of Washington.

I've heard Harry's U Pull It just opened up a place in Allentown, probably some good stuff there.

Do a search through the meet-greet forum too, every so often some folks in the NE run out to a couple yards in eastern PA.

Could someone who's familiar with the central New Jersey/eastern PA region tell me where the local salvage yards are? I guess the best would be one of those "yank-it-yerself" places. I've heard that there are some good places in PA. I'm in Clinton Township, so easy access to I-78.

Thanks.

There are 3 U-pull-its within 45 minutes of Allentown. Harry's in Allentown, A to Z in Shomakekersville (78 west to Rt 61, Rt 61 south for about 5 miles to Rt 662 big Sheetz station at light and go east and A to Z is about 2 miles down the road) and Joe's in New Ringgold (78 west to Rt 61, Rt 61 north to Rt 895 east and take 895 east about 10 miles to New Ringgold and keep going through "town" and they are about 3 miles on the right) You can go 309 over the mountain and take 895 west but going 78 is faster believe it or not. Lastly is Harry's in Hazleton. Harry's is about 30 minutes from Joe's in New Ringgold. Go back to New Ringgold and go north on 443 to 309, 309 north to 81 and 81 north to Hazleton. Harry's has a web site with directions to their Allentown and Hazleton places. Joe's (where I go when I am back in PA) has a billion 90 to 94 Legacys but not much after 94. Last time I was at A to Z (24+ months ago) they had a bunch of GLs and Loyales.

Good luck,

Greg

Hey, I live just down the road in Union. What kinda parts are you looking for?

I'm actually interested in getting an extra set of factory wheels so that I have a set for summer tires and a set for winter. Does anyone know where I can get a decent set for my 1998 Legacy Outback?

I'm actually interested in getting an extra set of factory wheels so that I have a set for summer tires and a set for winter. Does anyone know where I can get a decent set for my 1998 Legacy Outback?

Are your summer tires near replacement time? I'd say get some WRX 16's for the summer (pretty cheap on ebay or nasioc). And use the old rims for the winter tires.

There is a place over in Easton, first exit off of 22 once you cross the bridge (it's on the right side of the highway). I think it's called the Hubcap and Wheel Store. It's a pretty shady looking warehouse, i've "wheeled and dealed" there before... just be careful that you make sure the rims are straight!

Are your summer tires near replacement time? I'd say get some WRX 16's for the summer (pretty cheap on ebay or nasioc). And use the old rims for the winter tires.

There is a place over in Easton, first exit off of 22 once you cross the bridge (it's on the right side of the highway). I think it's called the Hubcap and Wheel Store. It's a pretty shady looking warehouse, i've "wheeled and dealed" there before... just be careful that you make sure the rims are straight!

That sounds like it may be a good idea. Actually, I had a problem with one of my current tires that wasn't repairable, so I just had a set of Nokians put on for the winter. Now I have some time to hunt around for rims for the summer! ;) Maybe I'll take a trip out to that place in Easton some day when I have time to kill.

BTW, what is the wheel size for a '98 Legacy Outback?