Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Thanks, I will Check Lengths

If i had the wires installed incorectly would it cause "arcing" when looking at the running engine in the dark? I checked that tonight and noticed arcing in several places along the wire's.

Could I have gotten bad OEM wires from the dealer?

What about the plugs I am using? No one had the NGK plugs (and I was in a hurry) so i bought the most expensive ones NAPA had which ended up being Bosch. The more i read this board I am begining to belive that my new plugs could be the problem.

Thanks for all of your help

I'm sure the wires were ok when you bought them. It sounds like you are not making good connection to the plugs and that is causing the arcing. Make sure the ends are seated on the plugs well and check the coil ground connection also. Bosch plugs aren't the best for these cars it seems. I would order some NGK's from a place online if you can't find them locally.

go with NGK's if you can.

newer soob wires can be a pain to seat properly. be POSITIVE they are seated. i pull them off and reinstall if i'm not positive i hear the "click" of it engaging with the spark plug terminal.

good job noticing the arcing, that is not good and should be fixed ASAP. it won't do your wires any good and will eventually (if it hasn't already) compromise the insulation of the wires. i would bet magnecor wires would not arc, www.magnecor.com. awesome product. thing is...you might fix the issue by seating the wires or getting new plugs...but it still could arc if the wires have been compromised somewhere from the arcing.