Ultimate Subaru Message Board

walker valley is open

OK, I need to apologise for an earlier post saying walker valley was closed.

Walker valley is open and there are no plans to close it for the winter this year as they were doing the past few years.

I drove through on my way home last night and then I went in to the local DNR office in sedro woolley to inquire about wether it would be open all winter, they said yes it will be open all winter.

There have been several trail changes since I was there last so I do not know what the trails are like inside.

I am hopeing to get a new motor built for my jeep soon and make a run through to see what it's like now.

Walker Valley is located about 5 miles east of MountVernon in Washington.

When you do all go let me know, I probably wont have my wife's sub even started by then much less done but I would love to tag along in my Jeep.

Also, since I live just outside walker it would be a good place to meet up at before or hang out at after. <party?> We have plenty of room for people and a bonfire. :drunk:

Walker Valley is located about 5 miles east of MountVernon in Washington.

When you do all go let me know, I probably wont have my wife's sub even started by then much less done but I would love to tag along in my Jeep.

Also, since I live just outside walker it would be a good place to meet up at before or hang out at after. <party?> We have plenty of room for people and a bonfire. :drunk:

I'll be along in my Toy.

Room for tents for the night?

cool... how intense does walker valley get? ie could a stock subie wagon make it if I dont get it built up all the way by then or does it definately need some seroius modification?

If you don't mind digging yourself out while the rest of us are off wheeling. :)

Lift, mudders, rear locker at least. Pretty rough trails. The last time we went up there, it kicked the crap out of the Hatch Patrol. I think every last one of us broke stuff.

The two stock ones that came only pissed us off. We had to push and pull and dig them out the whole time.

142walker.jpg

Walker valley would not be a good place fro a stock sub. I would agree, you need to be lifted, and imho, you will have a prety tough time with any tire smaller then a 31, and at least one locker or welded rear. Some reinforced tow points would be good too. Bring spare axles too if you have them! :grin:

Oh yeah, plenty of room for tents at my house.