Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Toyota Alloys Mag Lugnuts?

Rollie715

The car I recently purchased has had a 6-lug conversion done to the hubs so It can use toyota wheels. It currently has a set of Toyota steels on it using the standard taperd lugnuts which work just fine. However I just picked up a set of Stock Toyota 15x7 Alloys which I plan to mount my new tires on. The problem is the Alloys use a mag type lugnut with a washer and the tapered nuts won't fit. Mag lugnuts came with the Alloys, but they look like the Toyota thread which I'm guessing is something like 12mm x 1.50 and won't fit on the Subaru which has 12mm x 1.25 studs.

Looks like two options to make the wheels work is to either find some mag lugnuts in 12mm x 1.25 or to press out the studs and replace them all with the 12mm x 1.50.

Any experience with this or any leads where I can find some mag lugnuts in the 12mm x 1.25 size?

Rollie

The car I recently purchased has had a 6-lug conversion done to the hubs so It can use toyota wheels. It currently has a set of Toyota steels on it using the standard taperd lugnuts which work just fine. However I just picked up a set of Stock Toyota 15x7 Alloys which I plan to mount my new tires on. The problem is the Alloys use a mag type lugnut with a washer and the tapered nuts won't fit. Mag lugnuts came with the Alloys, but they look like the Toyota thread which I'm guessing is something like 12mm x 1.50 and won't fit on the Subaru which has 12mm x 1.25 studs.

Looks like two options to make the wheels work is to either find some mag lugnuts in 12mm x 1.25 or to press out the studs and replace them all with the 12mm x 1.50.

Any experience with this or any leads where I can find some mag lugnuts in the 12mm x 1.25 size?

Rollie

I would think you could hit any auto parts store and get either one. The local NAPA has bins of diff sizes and such. It would be easier to do the lug nuts :)

It would probably be cheaper to replace the studs if you do it yourself, but I would go with the new lug nuts. Any napa, schucks, whatever your favourite local auto parts store is should have lug nuts to fit any style of stud. If you get the new lug nuts just make sure they arent longer then the holes in your wheels.

Well, I've been checking out Toyota Alloy lugnuts and it seems as if they are different then then the common aftermarket mag types. Toyota Alloys appear to have bigger diameter stud holes at about .73" dia and the standard .685" dia mag nuts would be too loose. So I'm back to plan A which will be to change out the studs and put in the 12mm x 1.5 studs which will allow me to use the stock Toyota mag lugnuts. And then if I really want them to look pretty, I can buy new toyota nuts to replace the old corroded ones I now have.

Rollie

The advice I now have for others who may be contemplating a 6-lug conversion is to go ahead and knock out all the original 12mm x 1.25 studs and put in 12mm x 1.5 studs which should be compatible with whatever Toyota wheels and lugnuts you decide to go with.

Rollie