Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Ru2 (My '00 Impreza 2.5 RS) Dies... Moose BROAD sided me! (UPDATED WITH PICS)

DAMN! consider yourself REAL LUCKY you walked away from that accident. you should go buy some lottery tickets or something.

i had a couple of near mooses (misses) when i worked in cooper landing, ak. you would come around a bend and surprise! right in the middle of the road. i had heard some stories of accidents, including some fatalities, and usually someone got real hurt.

glad to hear you walked away...

I had a similar run in with a smaller critter (i.e., deer) with my old 90 Legacy. It ran straight at my car, and I swerved to miss it, but not in time. It hit my passenger side fender, rolled over and partly through my windshield, and tumbled over my roof. My bro was riding shotgun, and immediately afterwards started screaming (I swear), "I FEEL BLOOD! I FEEL BLOOD!". After he calmed down, and we both got out to check the damages (neither one of us was hurt), we watched with gaping jaws as the deer got up and ran away! I drove it home, threw a tarp over the car (it was snowing), and went to sleep. Replaced the windshield the next day, and continued to drive it...that is until I got my 91 a month later... Anyway, I sympathize, BWM. The 2.5RS is a sweet ride, and a terrible loss. Glad to hear you weren't seriously hurt.

ScoobySchmitty

so i take it the mooses teeth took out the blinker as it charged, then it spun him around and his rump roast took out the rear pass door? or did ya juet hit him with the rear-end?

at any rate, glad ya made it out alive :)

when i was younger i was ridin in the xtra car of a 93 nissan pickup, girl drivin stomped on the brakes when an antelope ran out in front of us. she let off the brakes, the brakes didn't let go... we rolled that truck 3 1/4 times.. i had a couple scrapes, the 2 girls up front had some glass cuts, that was it...

after the hospital trip, we went back to the truck, pulled it over on its wheels, changed the 1 and only blown tire, and i drove the damn thing home... we ended up cuttin the top off, made a wicked convertible bush beater. lol

Moose sightings are part of the traffic report in this part of the country. I know a fellow that bought his hunting licence based on the fact that he could listen to the local radio station and then go hunting.:rolleyes:

Glad to hear you weren't hurt, shame about the car.:-\