Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Brushguard

Alex GL-10

Has anyone ever put something like a brushguard on the rear of their suby.

probably, but you'd have to make it work with a tail gate, and hopefully when you go bushwacking your not going rump roast end first... people do make bumpers and tire carriers for the rear and tail light guards and gas tank skids and winches and lights and all sorts of stuff which I guess falls under that category, but if your considering a brushgaurd for the rear like some brushgaurds are made for the front, I dont think that is very practical. but more armor is ALWAYS a good thing.

uhh, well how about just a strong sturdy bumper? with maybe some kind of skid plate on it? i dont know about you, but i drive frontwards not in reverse, so a front brush guard would suit me better than a rear one. although im getting a rear bumper first, thats not the point. if i were you, look into some nice bumpers.im getting mine from tony, TWB.. very good prices, cool guy to.

yeah... well depending on how much you offroad your soob and how rough you get with it... as long as it has a purpose armor is GOOD, and will pay for itself. tail light guards, a sturdy bumper and gas tank skid, if you ever plan to bash into any rocks, tubing/bars going across the tailgate that are detatchable might be a good idea along with bars/expanded steel plate around the windows... but if you ever get that far it might just be better to remove all the paneling and everything and make a custom body and frame/subframes like that guy w/ the subaru hummer, shiet might as well just make your own damn car and everything and just use a subaru engine and drivetrain(what I'm dreaming to do next summer...)

I'd go for a rear skid plate before I'd worry about a rear brushguard?

Seems to me a skid plate would serve you better and it could be a platform for adapting a brushguard?

Just a thought?

Glenn

82 SubaruHummer--reinforced rear!

84 GL Mad Max--loose rear!

01 Forester--411 rear!

probably, but you'd have to make it work with a tail gate, and hopefully when you go bushwacking your not going rump roast end first... people do make bumpers and tire carriers for the rear and tail light guards and gas tank skids and winches and lights and all sorts of stuff which I guess falls under that category, but if your considering a brushgaurd for the rear like some brushgaurds are made for the front, I dont think that is very practical. but more armor is ALWAYS a good thing.

I was thinking more of a heavy duty bumper. Something I could mount reverse lights on and mount a spare tire on. And maybe a trailer hitch.