Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Walker Valley Run Jan 14th

Scott in Bellingham has a post out there for a Walker run on Jan 14th but not to many people have seen it maybe. So I figured I would Make a big post for it.

Any ways you have probably figured it out already, there is going to be a run up to Walker Valley on January 14th. Come along if you want.

Jeff

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I plan to tag along in my jeep for this run.

And, just to let you all know, I live right outside of walker valley, on Lake Cavanaugh road, If you want we can meet up here, I have plenty of room for parking. And if anybody is bringing a trailer there is room for them too.

We also have a prety good fire pit if anyone wants to have a party afterwords too.

Let me know if anyone wants directions and i will post some here along with a map.

So, its looking like this will be a fairly well mixed group of subarus and non subarus, I am interested to hear from the subaru crowd about what kind of cars they will be bringing.

How much lift do you have? What size tire are you running? Do you have any lockers?

So, its looking like this will be a fairly well mixed group of subarus and non subarus, I am interested to hear from the subaru crowd about what kind of cars they will be bringing.

How much lift do you have? What size tire are you running? Do you have any lockers?

If I can get it together by then

88 GL Wagon (Scott's old Soob)

6" SJR Lift

27" SSR's

Rear Lincoln Locker (if I have enough time)

Very little offroad driving experience.

Rollie

sounds good Rollie, I would definatly try to make time for that lincoln locker though.

Last time I was through walker, a general guideline for rigs was 31" tires and one locker. if you were running a biger tire - about a 35" you could get through without a locker.

With as many rocks as there are at walker valley there will be times when you have at least one tire off the ground in a rig with limited articulation.

And I cant wait to see that lift and tire combo, thats about what I have planned for the wifes car.

The factory tow plates should be ok as long as you are still running. Subarus dont weigh too much and anything you cant get over by yourself should only require a little bit of outside help. Just pay atention to your spotter (the guy franticly waiving his hands in front of you showing you where to point your wheels) and you should do fine.

Walker valley is all about driving over or through things that you shouldnt be driving over or through with a bit of dirt road between stretches.

I dont know if I'll have much for tires by then, I hope to at the very LEAST have my lift done by then... I plan on going if i can make time, I dont know where it is so I'll probably have to find someone to follow from the area up there. if i dont have my soob ready I think I'll either go untill I get stuck and then ride with someone else, or I might take my jeep or my nissan... my nissan is stock height and tire size, but is tougher than nails so it might make it, my jeep is lifted w/ something like 32" tires, but they are more of a street a/t type tread, and its also, well, a heep of crap.

who all from the portland/vancouver area plan on going?

I'd like to make a request or at least a suggestion.

If there are trails available at Walker Valley that are not so extreme, could we choose them over the more difficult runs? I'm feeling somewhat intimidated by the thoughts of negotiating huge rocks and getting my body banged up. I'm also thinking my preferences for offroad driving are probably not so extreme as to require locking up the rearend as I've been contemplating lately. I'm thinking now of pursuing an LSD later, but not to go as far as welding up the rear and doing the removable axle thing.

I've grown up around lots of offroad vehicles, but this would be my first time being on a run with that seems like it may include a few hardcore wheelers. I do look forward to seeing what experienced wheelers using well setup rigs can do, I'm just hoping there is room for less extreme wheelers like myself to come along without being a hindrance to those who want to go for it.

Just some thoughts I've been having.

Rollie

I for one am planning on some crazy trails. I dont' think there's too many easy ways thru WV. The last time I went I was wtih a group of Soobs, varying in size and capability. We all broke or dented something, it was enough to make me wanna write off wheeling Soobs. We patched up our wounds and our pride and now it's 3-4 years later. Made for some pretty entertaining video.

Weld up your rear, you'll be fine. Don't let a little body damage intimidate you. :brow:

Send me a pm with your address, I'll mail you a free vhs copy of one of my Soob vids to let you see them in action.

I say weld it too. If you do it right it is totaly reversable, all you would need to do is replace your spider gears. And if you plan to go with a lsd later any way, it wont be in there forever. It will however be a great asset at walker.

As for easy trails at walker it has been about a year since I have been through there but I dont think there are any easier trails.

On the body damage thing, The worst you should get would be some scrapes to your rocker panels from them sliding over a rock.

on the 14th of Jan 05 I will meet anyone that wants to go to walker valley , will be at the Sunset Shell station in Bellingham at 9:00 am in the Morning will be driving a white Soobie ,we will drive South and meet up with others , Location to be determined , min have a lift and good tires should be a good day channel 2 on the CB SJR

:brow::)

I think a good place to meet for the guys coming from up from down south and the guys coming from up north would be Karttrak indoor raceway. It is located at 3302 Cederdale rd In Mt. Vernon. If you take exit 225 and go east and take a right to cederdale rd you'll only have to go about a 1/4 or 1/2 mile and it will be on you left. From there we can just head up little mountian rd and be right at big lake. I think thats a good Idea.

Jeff

I think a good place to meet for the guys coming from up from down south and the guys coming from up north would be Karttrak indoor raceway. It is located at 3302 Cederdale rd In Mt. Vernon. If you take exit 225 and go east and take a right to cederdale rd you'll only have to go about a 1/4 or 1/2 mile and it will be on you left. From there we can just head up little mountian rd and be right at big lake. I think thats a good Idea.

Jeff

Jeff,

Is that the track right close to the freeway that you can see easily as you drive by on I-5?

Rollie