Ultimate Subaru Message Board

might have found a soob graveyard...

while at the gasstation a guy came over and talked about the brat some.. then he said he has a junkyard not far from me and has 10 of them sitting in it..:slobber: along with another 30 or so soobs from 78 to 91..

of course i promptly got his number and location.. i asked if he had any rollbars, brushgaurds, etc.. he said yeah theres 3 or 4 out there..:slobber:

said one of the rollbars has shoulder belts for the jumpseats..

either way i am going to make a point of goin out there and see what he's got..

he also said they have an 82 brat with only 50k on it.. sits in the shop, mint condition.. unfortunately it was his sons before he died, so its not for sale..

at any rate, he was a real soob enthusiast from what i gathered in our 20 min conversation..

if he's got what he says he does, there should be parts for all :grin:

Good god man! Spit it out. Where is it?

Sonny's down in Culpeper has been bought out by Phoenix, and they have CRUSHED ALL of their older soobs. And the yards down here have a very high turnover rate, sometimes as little as 2 weeks go by before they hit the crusher. It's happening all over with scrap metal bringing higher prices. I was just lucky enough to raid Sonny's old distributor pile before they got trashed too.