Ultimate Subaru Message Board

October 12th Hillsboro Rallycross

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ya, my windshield is pretty bad and they dont care. They make sure there is no loose crap floating around inside the car... floor mats are ok as are trunk monkeys (or wagon monkeys in my case discomonkey.gif )

just make sure the battery is tied down and you have all 16 lug nuts :D and if you run the GL... run with us in truck SUV class :headbang:

Oh ya... I am gonna bring some "bogey" stickers too... maybe send afew up north with you Ed for tex to replicate... every race that we domiate the durangos we can earn another durango sticker for the door or fender :D

So far my car should have one as I've only run in truck class once.

OK that was like the coolest damn thing I have ever been too!!! WOO HOO!!!:D I JUST*** got home its 10:49pm and ****! Traffic was a flaming Biatch! It took me a good 2-3 hours to move 2 miles cause a stupid semi truck SMASHED into a car really bad just b4 olympia!:mad: ( first time I ever actually wanted an automatic tranny! My leg is killing me!!! But I got to talk to alot of people on the highway waitin in traffice LOL...:D In case no one knows... I drove Andrew's car, the turbo wagon... Kicked some cone butt too.:D Like to thank... Jason for letting me stay at his place. And of course Andrew for letting me use his car. Conditions where so bad that my volvo wouldn't have done well at all:( Anyway... I got food gettin cold now so. L8r

It was another outstanding event. Morning and afternoon sessions took a Loooooong time since it was raining off and on and some of the runs were in the 7 minute and up range! Rain finally let up for the late afternoon when the truck/SUV and production classes ran. Times for the better cars were in the low 1:40's range. Since the course had dried up, the dreaded Durango managed a well deserved win in that class (as much as I hate to say it). However, Mudrat posted a strong 2nd place in his first rallycross with his '82 Brat. He was followed by my son, Eric, in his '82 Brat. Flowmastered was 4th and baja......subenut (sorry Jason, someday I'll learn to spell it all) was 5th in the '77 wagon (I think). I was somewhere in the placing among the next seven (mostly Brats and GL wagons). XSYNRG was 2nd in the PGT class with his RX and young co-driving son! It looks like the Oregon and Washington group will field a class of about 10 cars in next year's series (tripling the earlier size of the truck/suv class). A weird happening with one of the Durango's on the last turn of the course (a high speed sweeping left-hander) when the Durango did an instant 180 turnabout. Not the normal doughnut associated with that type of action, but absolutely instant. Turns out from some of the people who were watching closely, the rear wheels locked and started to turn in the reverse direction causing the spin. Speculative opinion was that the computer that monitors wheel spin (sort of a traction control device) found a condition not to its liking and caused the rear wheels to lock and reverse while the car was moving forward. Try explaining that one to the Dodge service manager and getting it fixed under warranty!:dead: :dead:

Yes, that rally X kicked some a**. If only i had better tires, i would have brought home a trophy.

Ed, i was the one that placed 5th....i think jason was at 12th....And the cool thing was, there where so many people there, jason was still about mid pack....

Nice job John, way to bring it home! I hope you do more next year, so i can have someone to chase :D

It was cool to meet everyone. I heard some of the moderators of the event talking about Qman's runs. They were pretty dumbfounded that a little subaru was getting such fast times....Nice job man.

Zapper seemed to be on fire....Who knew a lifted hatch could move like that :headbang:

All in all, i had a great time. I can't wait until next year.

Do any of you have some property that we could track up this winter? It would be cool to have a USMB rallyX....I may have a lead on some land that could be used, but it is in central oregon....kind of out of the way....

In PGT, Andy Mohr finished first in his '89 XT. The car runs good with a 4EAT and Andy is a excellent driver. Jake and I were second in our '87 RX and a Subaru RS (can't remeber the drivers name) finished third followed by several hundred thousand dollars worth of WRX's:burnout:

Even though it was generally slow due to the slick conditions it was still a blast. It was very muddy! I thought the track was the best of the year. I also thought it was the best for spectating. My favorite was the Volvo that spun out just before the finish line and backed up through the timing gate!

It was a great turnout in general with a lot of rigs I haven't seen before. Including several toyota type 4X's a couple 2X's and even a huge early 70's 3/4 ton chev 4X4 with a six! It was really cool to see all the older Soob's there. Lot's of Brat's and wagon's and there was even three three door coupes.

Can't wait for next year. I'm still voting for the USMB or Hatch Patrol/Oregon Offroad Club Rally Team.

Rumors are there will be Field Racing in November.

Yay I started a rumor. :D Wayne, told me that he has to see if his (father in law?) will allow him to use the feild in november. He told me that he made an agreement of no more rally crosses from november till summer time? He also said he got a media source interested in filming the rally event! Which would be really cool!:D