Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Which Motor would the experts use(DR RX, wjm,??)

tailgatewagon

if you were going to do a turbo swap into a ea81 body style? lets say a turbo coupe?

this will require me saving for a couple of years while im going to a&p School.(airframe and powerplant) anyway id like to do a ej somthing turbo swap.

i would like to spend no more then 4-5k for the swap in parts(front cut, wreck type of thing.) of course it would probably take another 1000 in things like gaskets, exhost, clutch, axles,

anyway what would be the ideal years and should i find a wrecked wrxsti or a jap import. i can porbably get a us wrx for 3k or so wrecked... but i like the idea of haveing the jap spec motor...

thanks in advance for all the help... and input.....

i did an EJ20G from a JDM 96 STI, bought the whole front clip.

after the price of the clip, the car, new wheels and tires, exhaust, and other stuff i am in the whole thing less than $3500. could have done it for less, but i bought "NEW" 17" wheels and tires.

the trick is "get a good deal on a compleet front clip"

-=Suberdave=-

http://www.suberdave.com

You can't do that!!! Mainly because that was to be my next project. :lol: I agree with Dave, if you are willing to tackle the problems and have the skills needed, bringing it in under $4,000 is easy.

im shure you will finish before me(probably be started before me as well) anyway bringing it in under 4K sounds nice... now to start saving money........:headbang: