Ultimate Subaru Message Board

EA82 lift kit???

Guest baccaruda

Guest baccaruda

looked at the archives briefly and didn't see what i wanted so...

if one expects to install one or even two EA82 lift kits over a weekend, one turbo wagon and one carby wagon, both 4WD manual, what is NOT included with a lift kit that would also be needed? I'm aware of the brake line relocation thing and the oil filler neck/radiator hose interference but i'm not up on what else is necessary.

yeah, i might have a project on my hands here soon ;)

Guest offroadsubaruguy

i have heard that if you have a/c, you need some kind of bracket to lift the compressor back to the original location.............

Guest baccaruda

ah, no secrets. i grabbed a wagon in spokane for my friend skeet (he's started popping up here so watch out!) and we were thinking about lifts but plans have remained simple instead. lifts will wait..

• 1 year later...
making this one of the most highest and most versatile 4x4 kits on the planet.

That's talking about a 4 inch kit.

They obviously haven't been around here much, or they'd have seen all the 6, 8, 10, and even a 12 inch lift.

Wonder where they got the idea for lift kits? Hoping it wasn't cuz of pirating either Patrick or John. . .

I was gonna critique that comment, but i didn't have the guts, but now that you mention it,

Q? how is it more versitile then the PK lift thats in over 500 subaru's?

Highest? its the exact same size as the PK lift, and Mudrat has gone so high you need oxygen.

I did not claim that my companies lifts are more versatile than anything else out there I just made a statement that it is one of the most versatile lift kits out there. Comparing it to all lifts not just one (chevy, ford, etc.). I know that PK's lifts BYB are awesome, they are well built and durable, but we are building a lift that will give you more clearance and more 4X4 capability than there lifts. If you have any comments or questions you can contact me personally at malarkey2@aol.com . JM

I was gonna critique that comment, but i didn't have the guts, but now that you mention it,

Q? how is it more versitile then the PK lift thats in over 500 subaru's?

Highest? its the exact same size as the PK lift, and Mudrat has gone so high you need oxygen.

I started my install last night on my 87 carb wagon. Got the rear done in 2½hrs. Could have been sooner but I cross threaded a bolt and had to run into town to get a new one and then run a thread chaser thru the whole. Going to start on the front tonight. I have a/c so whats with having to change that? Doesn't look like anythings going to bother it other the removing the fan shroud. Guess I will wait and see.

All I can say about the rear so far is cut loose your break lines and drop the plate where the filter is on the pass side. Other then that it was pretty easy. Didn't realize how rusty my car was getting until I got under it. :(

Tcat: I removed A/C; problem sovled :) Same with fan shroud. I know most fans shrouds improve cooling by their design; this one is pretty much just a finger guard. If you want to keep it on there for saftey reasons you can cut it in half and just put the top half back on; bottom half is prolly rusted away mostly anyway :)

Ahhh... rust. I didnt think mine was TOO bad untill I ripped out all the carpet :lol:

Well mine seems to be going thru the rockers in back and by one of the lift blocks I just installed. Maybe I should be installing this kit in the XT instead. Naa, it doesn't have low range. :)

Should probably get another or two out of the wagon. Maybe by then I can afford something newer, something in the 90's :)

shady, i'm all lined up with PK thanks anyway though. i'm interested to see pictures of your product though.

a lot of people are suspicious of your product because we've had scammers offering shirky lift kits pop up from time to time. and as this is a fairly close-knit group of people, there is some loyalty felt toward PK. If your product is not a significant improvement, or offered at a significantly lower price than PK's (and he doesn't charge a lot of overhead on his, BTW), then you may not realize a lot of success from selling to the board.

i read your other posts to mean that you are explicitly trying to avoid ripping off the Ozified design. That will go a long way here. good luck and thanks anyway.

pitch stopper: I have a trans-mounted pitch stopper on my wagon, as I used to run an XT motor in it. I will just have a regular one altered to fit after my lift is in. i will be sending my payment to PK this week!