click click click from rear of loyale?

When I open the door and get in, I hear:

CLICK

CLICK CLICK

CLICK

CLICK

CLICK CLICK CLICK

CLICK

Like a clicking on/off from the rear area, cargo bay somewhere, with random intervals. It might do it 5-6 times or so. Trying to think what would cycle like this without a predictable interval...

I should specify. Happens before I have even put the key in.

Dose it have air struts?

no air suspension, a basic Loyale wagon 2wd stick shift, crank windows, no cruise...

all electrical items work fine except the driver side motorized seat belt which is permanently in the back position. clicking noise not from there, though.

Just take that marble out of the rear cargo compartment would ya?:rolleyes:

j/k! :clap: I wonder if it could be the in-tank fuel pump? just taking a total shot in the dark ... I understand that some fuel preasure is retained there for a few days of sitting even ... just a guess tho

I think I would start by disconnecting neg bat lead from post. Then see if noise is gone. If gone electrical. Have to start searching for that. If nor mechanical and you need a helper to help locate noise.

i put my money on the fuel pump, if you connect the green test connectors, does it make the same sound? *engine off*

I'll try that in a few days when I get a chance. Too much rain ( actually welcome so dry here ) to do much outside lately...thanks for the replies, all.